PDA

View Full Version : Aikido Sake And Aikido Dojo Kun

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

judojo
08-01-2009, 04:34 AM
Dear Administrators and Members , I must question the drinking method with KIAI in the drinking areas of Japan. I must know the limitations of Aikido Sake. Although is forbidden in all Budo Gaku Aikido Koshiki. I as Jin questioned the Aikido Laws. If any of us have any points on this matter just please reply on this Topic. Reynaldo L. Albano

mathewjgano
08-02-2009, 11:49 AM
First, my attempt at being funny:
Dear Administrators and Members , I must question the drinking method with KIAI in the drinking areas of Japan.

The drinking areas of Japan...while I was there that seemed to be anywhere there was land (or a good boat). Drinking with kiai? Isn't that natural whenever it's a stiff drink?

Now to be more serious:
I must know the limitations of Aikido Sake. Although is forbidden in all Budo Gaku Aikido Koshiki. I as Jin questioned the Aikido Laws. If any of us have any points on this matter just please reply on this Topic. Reynaldo L. Albano

I don't understand. Are you asking what the limitations are to doing Aikido under the influence of sake? I don't know of any "Aikido Sake"; just a jinja brand (good stuff!).
Sorry I'm having trouble getting your meaning.
Take care,
matt

RED
08-02-2009, 05:53 PM
*shruggs*:yuck:

Ehh... anyone for nomikai tonight???!!!! :cool:

Misogi-no-Gyo
08-02-2009, 08:08 PM
*shruggs*:yuck:

Ehh... anyone for nomikai tonight???!!!! :cool:

Well, as to the original poster's point, drinking was always part of our traditional stays in Japan. The senior students took us out and we were forced to drink until they couldn't handle it any longer. As for why, I think it may have something to do with one of my friends trying to make a joke to one of the Shihan about how he was an Aikido Shihan, but that Shaun was a Beer Shihan. I don't think that went over too well, cause they broke out more beer than any 5 people can drink and asked me how long it would take to finish it... Let's just say that even to this day, they still say, "Oh... Mr. Beer Shihan, would you like another drink?" So I must always says yes until they pass out or all go home. I still punch my friend in the arm for that one, as often as I get a chance to see him.

So, in answer to your question Maggie-San,

Hai! You can always count me in...

RED
08-03-2009, 01:14 PM
:cool:

mathewjgano
08-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Well, as to the original poster's point, drinking was always part of our traditional stays in Japan.

What was the original point?
As for your friend's remarks, yeah that seems like a dangerous challenge! All i know is that on casual events the drinking could get pretty intense (recalling an afternoon lunch that I was invited to one time, after which I was repeatedly told I was very strong at drinking)...I can only imagine if there was a de facto challenge included! :crazy:
All that said, maybe the point is clearer than I thought.:D
Kampai!

CitoMaramba
08-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Dear Administrators and Members , I must question the drinking method with KIAI in the drinking areas of Japan. I must know the limitations of Aikido Sake. Although is forbidden in all Budo Gaku Aikido Koshiki. I as Jin questioned the Aikido Laws. If any of us have any points on this matter just please reply on this Topic. Reynaldo L. Albano

Ginoong Albano,
Paumanhin po, at paki-claro lang po kung anong ibig po ninyong sabihin dito. Pwede po sa wikang Pilipino at isasalin ko sa wikang Ingles.
Daghang salamat giyud.

Cito

(Dear Mr. Albano, please forgive me, but could you clarify what you are saying here. You could state it in Pilipino and I will translate it to English.
Many Thanks,
Cito)