View Full Version : Hallo from Sweden :-)

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Dusko Bojic
07-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Hallo friends,

I am someone who never really was interested in martial arts, football, nor any other sport which is formed around a looser and a winner, except table tennis :D Somehow in table tennis I tend to be more focused on the ball and my own moves, and not on the opponent across the table.

Hm ... what to say ... I am not even interested in the Aikido self-defence techniques but rather in the Ki development which I would like to apply in my every day life, even though I am aware of the importance of the physical/technical part of a whole experience.

I discovered Ki via Reiki which I started practising this year (Usui Shiki Ryoho).
While researching facts about Ki over the net I discovered some articles which pointed me towards the idea of starting to study the art of Aikido one of them being this one where I read this for me very powerful sentence;
"Accepting what Is ... whether it being an attack, or whatever is coming along, you don't try to change it. You don't run from it and you don't try to fight with it. You just accept it and embrace it. This is Aikido"

And here I knew I have found a discipline which I can use in my every day life.
Note; click on the pdf link

I visited my local Aikido club here in Malmo today actually and they have a new beginners course/training starting in September. I am looking forward to studying this art of living in the Now (where Universal Ki is).

Who am I or who was I ... at the moment I am on a serious junction of my life where I decided to change my profession and views about life in general. I am starting studies to become a certified Swedish Masseur and I am already practising Reiki and my Aikido training is to officially start in September (Enighet in Malmo Sweden) but I already started to learn from my master Stefan Stenudd from his web page Ki breathing exercise (http://www.stenudd.com/aikido/ki-exercises.htm) ... and here is some of it you can find on my blog pages;

Love and Light to All and thank you for reading :D

Kind Regards, Dusko

07-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Hi Dusko,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction. I hope you'll keep us updated as to how the start of your aikido training goes.

-- Jun

07-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Welcome! I hope you enjoy aikido as much as we all do!

Dusko Bojic
07-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Thank you!

I am glad to be here. I already found some very useful info and tips :)

Kind regards