PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

aikishrine
07-13-2009, 03:59 AM
Anyone here train with Dr. Yang, Jwing Ming, in Chin Na or White Crane Kung Fu or Taiji? And if so what do you think of his arts as he practices them and do you think they blend well with Aikido?

crbateman
07-14-2009, 04:13 AM
Anyone here train with Dr. Yang, Jwing Ming, in Chin Na or White Crane Kung Fu or Taiji? And if so what do you think of his arts as he practices them and do you think they blend well with Aikido?If by "blend well" you mean 'Could I train in both without confusion?', the answer is yes, you could. I have attended a couple of Dr. Yang's Chin-Na seminars, as I was curious about the joint manipulation. I am also good friends with a fellow who is both a Yang-style Chin-Na instructor and an Aikido instructor, and he has no trouble with the simultaneous training. One thing you will get plenty more of in Chin-Na than in Aikido is pain. Most techniques rely on pain to move and control, rather than unbalancing, uncentering or outmaneuvering. A couple hours in a Chin-Na practice will have you looking for a 90-year-old guy to trade wrists and fingers with... :o