PDA

View Full Version : YouTube: Morihiro Saito Sensei - Techniques from Katatedori

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

sorokod
07-01-2009, 03:20 AM
Saito Morihiro sensei demonstrates most of the basics from Katatedori: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f1LOIqmNI4

CitoMaramba
07-01-2009, 04:08 AM
Great video, thank you very much!

justin
07-02-2009, 03:30 AM
What jumps out in this video for me is the great emphasis given to the opening atemi something for me to ponder over.

sorokod
07-02-2009, 05:05 AM
What jumps out in this video for me is the great emphasis given to the opening atemi something for me to ponder over.

I think that this is very typical to Saito sensei's Aikido. It is rational and makes martial sense.

Carsten Möllering
07-02-2009, 05:25 AM
I think that this is very typical to Saito sensei's Aikido. It is rational and makes martial sense.
We do it the same way. And we are not related to Saito senseis Aikido.

I thought this to be "standard"?

@ Justin:
So do you practice this entrance without atemi? Or do you do it in another way?

Greetings,
Carsten

Lyle Bogin
07-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Sometimes when I arrive early at the dojo I like to go through the old vhs collection and watch seminars and the like. One day I was watching a Saito seminar tape and Imaizumi Sensei came in and came over to check it out. Saito was doing a step by step on juji-nage and Imaizumi spoke the steps out loud as he was doing them (step foot, turn, etc). He them bowed and went to change his clothes. It's important, I think, to see who impresses the people who impress you.

Carsten Möllering
07-03-2009, 04:32 PM
It's important, I think, to see who impresses the people who impress you.
Yes, it is!

sorokod
07-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Good story that, thanks Lyle.

Lyleyboy
07-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Superb video. I'm new to Aikido so most of it is a mystery to me but seeing that makes me more eager to learn.