PDA

View Full Version : About myself

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

andrejbauer
06-16-2009, 12:44 AM
This site has been asking me persistently to write something about myself, so I might as well obey the machine. I have practiced aikido for almost 14 years, first in Pittsburgh PA (a dojo that belonged to Aikido schools of Ueshiba) and now in Ljubljana, Slovenia (our dojo is a member of the Aikido Association International). I hold the rank of nidan and I am one of the assistant teachers in our dojo. By profession I am a mathematician and a computer scientist. I am a university professor at the math department of University of Ljubljana.

I have created an account on this forum mostly because I sometimes wish to comment on posts. But who knows, maybe I'll post something too.

akiy
06-16-2009, 01:02 AM
Hi Andrej,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction. I hope you'll feel welcome in joining the discussions.

-- Jun

Nicholas Eschenbruch
06-16-2009, 01:27 AM
Hi Andrej,
nice to meet you again! All the best for your life an training,

Nick

Shadowfax
06-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Hi Andrej!

I train in Pittsburgh myself, at Allegheny Aikido. Nice to have you aboard. :)

Garth Jones
06-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Hey Andrej,

Don't obey the machine!:drool:

I remember when you were a brand new beginner - I can't quite believe that it's been 14 years. Hopefully you will have a conference in Pittsburgh sometime soon....

Cheers,
Garth

ninjaqutie
06-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Welcome!

Suru
06-16-2009, 09:19 PM
I hope you'll share some insights after so much training, Andrej. Your current city is the most difficult word written in the Roman alphabet that I've ever tried to pronounce. Since college, I have always thought it potentially great fun to have a career in academia. I hope you are loving it! I would join you, but my "limit" is pretty much f(x)=mx + b

Drew