PDA

View Full Version : Aaargh weather!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

lbb
06-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Fifteen minutes of bright sunshine followed by two hours of torrential downpour, for a week straight, is making it just about impossible to dry a gi. Just sayin'.

mathewjgano
06-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Fifteen minutes of bright sunshine followed by two hours of torrential downpour, for a week straight, is making it just about impossible to dry a gi. Just sayin'.

It's been warm and beautiful here in Seattle! It was a little frightening at first! I thought the sky had caught on fire!

ninjaqutie
06-15-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm sorry. :O( I lived in MA for a few years for school.... and I wasn't used to a lot of rain either. Oregon has been fairly nice lately though.... feel free to visit. :O)

lbb
06-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Honestly, my vegable garden looks like a #@$%!@# rice paddy. Okay, supreme being, fun's over...time to bring that giant glowing thing out in the sky...

Ron Tisdale
06-15-2009, 03:51 PM
yeah, what a wet spring! even here in Philly. I'm tired of all the dark skies. The rain was so hard saturday the running water lifted the fios manhole cover right off the manhole!

Sunny now though. Maybe we'll dry out eventually.

Best,
Ron (hang in there folks -- glad I'm not digging ditches in this mud :eek:)

gdandscompserv
06-15-2009, 03:56 PM
You should try to dry a gi in Okinawa!:eek:

Shadowfax
06-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Same problem here in PA this week. Downright annoying. But managed to find a dry patch just in time.

Try hanging your Gi indoors with a fan blowing on it. That tends to work for me when I cant line dry.

lbb
06-22-2009, 09:01 AM
I've got it on the dryer on no-heat mode. It's still a bit of a struggle...but there's a vicious rumor that the weather pattern is going to change to sunny and HOT this week. That will be great, it's been so cool all month that we'll be dropping like flies once it hits the mid-80s! But you won't hear me complain, it can be sunny and hot the rest of the summer and I'll be pleased as punch.