View Full Version : Greetings!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Evan Schmitt
06-08-2009, 03:02 PM

My name is Evan Schmitt and I am an aikido student in Washington D.C. at the Okinawa Aikikai Dojo studying under sensei Michael Veltri. I have been at this dojo for about a year and a half and I am at a 4th kyu level. I was also in a youth aikido program from 1st - 5th grade when I was growing up in Ann Arbor Michiganm, although I remember very little from that time. I will be traveling with my sensei and 19 other members of my class to Okinawa this August to train at the dojo where my sensei did his "uchi-deshi" apprenticeship under Iwao Yamaguchi. I enjoy all aspects of Aikido and wanted to join the forum so that I may expand my knowledge of the art as much as possible from other aikido practitioners. It has been my (albeit relatively new) experience that aikido is a very expansive martial art that allows for a wide variety of interpretations and concepts and I am looking forward to the different perspectives I will gain through discussion with other students from around the world.

Thanks for having me.

06-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the site! :)

06-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey Evan! So which one are you? Erm, I mean what do you look like, so I can recognize you in the dojo? I've only been at Oki Aikikai since February, and still don't know everyone.

I was wondering whether any of that crowd was here on the forum :D

06-11-2009, 10:04 AM