PDA

View Full Version : Ohayo Gosaimashita

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

brUNO
05-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Good Morning,
My name is Bruno (OK, my name is Brent, but only my mother calls me that. I've gone by Bruno for many years. My teacher just now got used to calling me Bruno. I got the nickname from some russian guys I did Judo with that had trouble saying "Brent" and "Bruno" meant "little brown bear" because I'm a nightmare on the ground).

I've been practicing Aikido for 16 years. I am the perfect shodan! I say that because I've been a Shodan for 12 years now. I seem to have some kind of attitude issues that my teachers just can't get past. I really don't care, I just love doing Aikido and my belt won't get any blacker. Haha! Whatever.

I'll probably get taken into a corner and beaten for saying that, but I don't care, I love beatings too!:p

I love Aikido because of the fluid movements and the BIG falls! I love ukemi, and I'm good at it !!!! 40 years of Judo is good for something, I guess, If anyone here would like to throw me, please be my guest, I'll buy your plane ticket but only if I can log some air time. I'm trying to get my Pilot's Licence.

I hope to be having some wonderful philosophical discussions here, so I'm going to go to the boards right now to find someone to randori with.

Onegaisumas!!!! Let's go!

Oh, BTW:
I was born in Southeast Asia and grew up there. I started Judo at 6. I started Aikido when I was too old for Judo. But, if we randori, you might catch an uchimata or my famous Tai Otoshi (aiki-style). I got a wicked Tomoe nage, too. I love verbal randori as well, so see you at the forum!

Domo
brUNO

akiy
05-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Hi Bruno (Brent),

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

lifeafter2am
05-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the site Brent! :)

Voitokas
05-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Welcome!

brUNO
06-01-2009, 02:52 PM
oh, OK, andy, now it's ON!
What, ...do You think yor my MAMA? We take that-thar stuff RILL serious-like, down here in Texas, pardner! :D

Being honest, I put down Brent in my profile because I was asked to when I registered, but I thought my username would be used for display. No big deal, it IS my birth name. But without having it legally changed, I do have it on my bank accounts and credit cards (In my work, people make out checks to Bruno Smith, without a second thought and my bank manager has known me for 15 years).

I preffer Bruno because I have worked hard to change some negative things in my lfe and I wanted a brand new name to match that. All my friends and people who really know me call me that. It took my teacher, who has known me for almost half my life, a long time and alot of conscieous effort to start calling me that but now he does. Effort acknowledged I appreciate it, too, Sensei.

I hope you will be one of my many new friends here and do the same.
Onegaisumasu