View Full Version : Hello fellow Aikidoka

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

05-28-2009, 04:33 AM
This is a quick hello to everybody here at Aikiweb. I started practicing Aikido when I was around 6 years old and practiced for a number of years before I gave it up to pursue other interests - ie being a teenager, although my interest in Aikido never wained during this time and a book was always close to hand. My first instructor was one of Chiba sensei's first students in the UK. I had a brief encounter training with another of Chiba's early students Terry Ezra Shihan 6th Dan whilst I was at university in Liverpool. I moved to Perth in Australia and it took me a while to find a new instuctor that I felt happy to learn from. I eventually found Peter Sceney Iwama Ryu 3rd Dan and I took it up again with full commitment a couple of years ago, and I have been training as much as possible ever since. I am currently a 5th kyu, and have spent the last 6 weeks in Japan training in Iwama under the guidence of Nemoto Sensei 6th Dan and the instructors at Iwama Shibu Dojo. I have another 5 weeks left. If anybody is interested in following my journey then you can visit my Blog www.iwamauchideshi2009.blogspot.com - none commercial. I look forward to joining in with the some of the discussions at Aikiweb and meeting some new people and perhaps making some new friends.
Dozo Yuroshiku Onegaishimasu

05-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Hi Keith,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

05-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Welcome to the site Keith! :)