PDA

View Full Version : My new Aikido site.

Please visit our sponsor:

ChrisHein
05-03-2009, 11:40 AM
I've been working on this site for the last 4 months or so, and decided today it's time to start telling people about it.

http://www.aikidostudent.com

It's a blog-ish website, updated mostly with video tutorials of Aikido techniques and practices. I hope to share many of my personal ideas and perspectives on Aikido through this site. I hope it proves to be a valuable resource to the Aikido community.

So check it out, and let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Kevin Leavitt
05-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Nice. I like the notebook effect. Look forward to it!

ChrisHein
05-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks Kevin, me too!

Also if anyone else has an Aiki-blog or website, and would like to trade links let me know.

PhilMyKi
05-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Found the site yesterday from link in youtube. Very good :). Looking forward to looking at it more.

ChrisHein
05-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks, I plan to update the site 5 days a week. So mon through Friday there should be new video's up daily.

David Maidment
05-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks Kevin, me too!

Also if anyone else has an Aiki-blog or website, and would like to trade links let me know.

Hi Chris. Nice site! I've been designing some blogging software over the weekend, so I plan to put it to use as an Aiki-blog soon. When I get a domain I'd love to trade links.

Sy Labthavikul
05-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Great site, I'll be a regular visitor!

Kevin Leavitt
05-04-2009, 07:28 PM
I have my link below. I haven't updated it in a few weeks, but have a couple of post I am working on to be published soon.

NagaBaba
05-04-2009, 08:44 PM
So check it out, and let me know what you think.

Thanks.
Hi Chris,
The navigation between different part of you site is not easy, and needs an improvement.Your site needs much more improvements but I don't want to discurage you.

I'd suggest to take a basic cours of web site development before you invest more time in that. After that in 1 week you will do much more professional job then in 4 last months.

ChrisHein
05-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Hey thanks for the input. I'll try to get that navigation working better.
I'm pretty new to website design.

ChrisHein
05-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Kevin, I'll add your link tonight.

Flintstone
05-05-2009, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the site, Chris. It's great!

Demetrio Cereijo
05-05-2009, 05:47 AM
Nice site, Chris.

BTW, there's a link to my blog in my signature, but it's not completely focused in aikido even if you can find some aiki related entries.

ChrisHein
05-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Thank guys, the response thus far has been better then I'd hoped! There will be a "building a mat on a tight budget" article up next week. It covers the process we went through to build our mat.

Anyways, stay tuned, there's lots more coming.

Eugene Leslie
01-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi Chris,
The navigation between different parts of your site was easy. Your site doesn't need much more improvement and I just wanted to encourage you. I like the search feature.

I really liked the large bold red lettering and the simple double-click needed to go into desired parts of your site. Simply clicking on the little black lettering below to return to home-page or desired branches of the site is a snap. I will definitely be bookmarking your site when I have a question on a technique when I am alone and practicing.
Very artistic. Nice notebook concept. great job!

ChrisHein
01-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks! This site has been running for almost a year now and it's been a fun ride. I have had some real scheduling issue the last couple of months and have not been able to add many updates, hopefully that will all be back on track in Feb.

Thanks to all those who have checked out the site, and thanks for the words of encouragement, and kind emails I have received.

Thanks!

David Maidment
01-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Just to add some feedback:

Chris, I visit your site every day and can't wait until you're able to add updates regularly again. The videos are great.