PDA

View Full Version : Aikido Dojos/Farms

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

TylerKinkade
05-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Are there any Aikido dojos out there in the world where members actively maintain a farm?

lbb
05-02-2009, 08:39 PM
There's Aiki Farms in Connecticut. It's a small farm, but it's a farm. Wicked nice people!

ChrisHein
05-03-2009, 04:05 AM
That sounds like a great idea!

dps
05-04-2009, 06:32 AM
There's Aiki Farms in Connecticut. It's a small farm, but it's a farm. Wicked nice people!

Thier website.

www.aikifarms.com

The spiritual path of our farm is called Budo or "the Way." Central to this is being mindful and totally present in our daily work, as the garden gives us lessons and gifts, as well as many surprises year after year.

David

TylerKinkade
05-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Thank you!

Any other dojo-farms out there? Particularly outside of the U.S.?

Dan Rubin
05-24-2009, 11:57 PM
I Googled "aikido farm" (without the quotation marks) and a quick scan found one in Portugal and one in Australia. Maybe others there, too.

Chicko Xerri
06-07-2009, 12:39 AM
There is an Aikido Dojo on a nature reserve in Australia (http://noosa-heads.blogspot.com/)where you are free to maintain the grounds and you can stay on site at a very low cost.

Craig Allen Jr
07-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi Tyler,

I train at Aiki Farms in Ledyard. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Cheers,
Craig

phitruong
07-09-2009, 01:07 PM
i grew many things on farms both in asia and u.s. but have never grew aiki before. how do you grow/raise aiki? do you plan folks into the ground, pour water and manure on them until they show sign of aiki? planting season? shade or full sun? harvesting season? drought resistance? pets resistance? people resistance? :)

Lan Powers
07-09-2009, 03:24 PM
oh there is definately some manure......

Ecosamurai
07-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Not quite the same thing but I live on a small farm in the English Lake District and run an aikido dojo nearby, we'd love to convert the old barn into a permanent dojo but it's not possible right now unless you want to give us a few hundred thousand.... :)

Mike

Carl Thompson
07-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Not quite the same thing but I live on a small farm in the English Lake District and run an aikido dojo nearby, we'd love to convert the old barn into a permanent dojo but it's not possible right now unless you want to give us a few hundred thousand.... :)

Mike

I'm glad to hear it worked out. Not sure I can help you with the barn though ;)