PDA

View Full Version : Osu!

Please visit our sponsor:

Rabih Shanshiry
04-30-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm a new student of Yoshinkan Aikido. (As if you couldn't tell by the title...).

Stumbled across a book on Aikido 4 years ago at a mountain lodge resort in Frostburg MD (Aikido and the Harmony of Nature by Saotome Sensei). I was captivated by both the art and the philosophy and have maintained an interest since then.

A couple months ago, I ordered a book online for a friend - Samurai Aikijutsu by Obata Sensei. That was my first introduction to Shioda Kancho and the Yoshinkai. A great tradition! When I stumbled upon an online ad for a new dojo in the Boston area offering Yoshinkan style instruction (the Goshinkan in Newton headed by Josh Nathan Sensei), I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

I'm only a few weeks into it but I'm enjoying every minute!

...rab

akiy
04-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi Rabih,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

Ron Tisdale
04-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Osu! Please tell Josh I said hi. We have the same teacher, Utada Sensei at the Doshinkan in Philadelphia. I'm glad to see he is teaching!

Best,
Ron

Rabih Shanshiry
04-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks Ron - will do.

BTW: I appreciate all your writings here and elsewhere. You've been one of my primary Yoshinkan resources. Look forward to hopefully meeting you at Utada Sensei's 35th anniversary in the fall.

Ron Tisdale
04-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Wow, thanks for the kind words. I'd love to see you there...it's always good to train with new folks!
Best,
Ron

Voitokas
04-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Welcome!

Toby Bazarnick
05-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Welcome Rab!

Saotome Sensei's book is quite inspiring. His level of knowledge is very deep and he's been an excellent teacher in the USA. His seminars always draw many great people!

Thanks for the title of the aikijujitsu book also - I will look into that to learn more about Yoshinkan.

Happy training,

Toby