View Full Version : Hello from Houston (looking for dojo)

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

James R
04-21-2009, 09:25 AM

New to the forums obviously. Have had 10 years of JKD/Thai boxing. After 2 acl replacements and numerous other injuries (all of which I would repeat again) I took 7 years off for marriage and my job. Now at the age of 37 I find myself looking at things differently than when I was 20 and my wants/needs are different ( I feel old when I say that). It's hard to explain honestly. :o

I always feel calm and centered when I spend time on the mat and it's time for me to go back. I've always been interested in Aikido and have decided to check out several dojos here in Houston. Scheduled my first meeting this week with a dojo.

Tons of great information thus far on this forum.

04-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Welcome to the site James. Hope you find what you are looking for!

04-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi James,

Welcome to AikiWeb. I hope your visits to aikido dojo near you prove to be an interesting experience! Let us know what you find.

-- Jun

Jorge Garcia
04-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Hope you'll give us a call. We have classes 7 days a week in a brand new dojo facility with a great group of people!
best wishes,
Jorge Garcia

Neal Earhart
04-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the forums...

You may want to take a look at...

Aikido of Houston is a traditional Aikido Dojo in a Japanese setting with Japanese straw mats (tatami). Aikido of Houston was established in 1981 and we have been in the same location for 25 years.

The instructor is T.K. Lee, 6th Dan. He has been practicing Aikido for 48 years (beginning in 1960). He is a direct student of Yoshimitsu Yamada, Sensei, 8th Dan of the United States Aikido Federation.

6304 West Little York Road
Suite 106
Houston TX 77091

04-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the forum!