PDA

View Full Version : Wasatchi Aikido Institute

Please visit our sponsor:

Wolf
02-25-2002, 08:40 PM
Anyone have an idea what happend to Wasatchi Aikido Institute in West Jorden,Utah?This was an awesome dojo.They taught Reiki,Avatar,Meditation,Flower&Herb Essence and Oriental Medicine along with Aikido.The had a seperate class that taught ninjitsu as well.Any one know of another dojo in the U.S, that teaches anything like this?

Wolf

Chuck Clark
02-26-2002, 12:13 AM
I have actually come across many dojo over the years that taught that sort of subject matter along with martial arts.

Just a thought... maybe all of the students of the other classes got interested in the ninja training... and you just can't see them any more...

Sorry, I couldn't pass that up...

Regards,

ndiegel
02-26-2002, 09:33 AM
Eeeee, Check out the Ninja thread in the humor forum. :D Actually, Noble House Dojo in, errr, I think Alberta, Canada does stuff like that. Everything that they teach there are samurai arts (i.e. Kenjitsu, Kyujitsu, Ikebana, Tea Ceremony, etc...).

Noah

Bruce Baker
03-26-2002, 08:52 AM
Don't be put off by humor here is the USA. There are many, many things that are, and are not.

There is no mafia, or organized crime, but we have organized crime units around the country?

There is no organized martial art army, but we have federations, schools, organizations, and any number of studios?

There are thousands of different martial arts being taught in the USA, but then each one has politics, different grading systems, belt rankings, and deniablity to taking different techniques from other arts? Go figure.

As for Ninja's? Blame the movies for our humor on that subject.

As for our humor? Irony is something of a mystery, isn't it? Enjoy the USA. It is full of many parts of the world, and there are hidden native cultures here too. Just remember to be aware of the situation, and it will actually be easier to have fun ... even with those who have not done or learned what you have ... what was it? Never mind, just chit chat.