PDA

View Full Version : gradings

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

aikidunk666
01-23-2009, 09:26 PM
iam bad at grading ive seen many of my fellow aikidokas whizz pass me in their kyu grades to 1st dan there is a little bit of bitterness there but not enuff to stop me enjoying practice but thats the thing what am i training for theres no prize am looking forward to no award or trophy... id like to wear the hakama tho it looks cool thats all, is that what iam training for a split skirt to move around in but thats the image of an aikidoka i want to be, hell i could buy the thing no prob at the local budo shop, so why do i train.... but to do aikido its waza its rituals the friends i have there the family i have there now ive got that allready ive just ran out of wine hic hehe anyone? ok Q: grading why & why should it it matter (if it does) help

aikidunk666
01-24-2009, 08:01 AM
note to self ..never drink wine while online !

lbb
01-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Duncan, try Mail Goggles (http://news.cnet.com/google-launches-mail-goggles-to-save-you-from-yourself/) :D

I guess all you can tell yourself is that the testing process isn't perfect. That makes it a lot easier (for me at least) to let go of "rank anxiety".