PDA

View Full Version : Kagami Baraki 2009 - Bull Shihan

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

joacir
01-14-2009, 02:09 PM
The Confederação Brasileira de Aikido-Brazil AIkikai, in the last Kagami Biraki received a very good news, his technical director, Wagner Bull 6º Dan Aikikai was recognized as SHIHAN by the Aikikai HOmbu Dojo. This is a outstanding news to Latin Countries cause it is the first time in Latin American Aikido History that a aikido instructor receives such a recognition.

http://www.aikikai.org.br/imagens/artigos/bullshihanfoto.jpg

joacir
01-14-2009, 03:39 PM
The Confederação Brasileira de Aikido-Brazil AIkikai, in the last Kagami Biraki received a very good news, his technical director, Wagner Bull 6º Dan Aikikai was recognized as SHIHAN by the Aikikai HOmbu Dojo. This is a outstanding news to Latin Countries cause it is the first time in Latin Countries cause it is the first time in Latin American Aikido History that a aikido instructor BORN IN LATIN AMERICA receives such a recognition.

akiy
01-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Congratulations to Wagner Bull sensei.

-- Jun

Toby Bazarnick
01-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Wagner Bull 6º Dan Aikikai was recognized as SHIHAN by the Aikikai HOmbu Dojo.

Congratulations to Bull sensei, his dojo and the aikidoka in Sao Paolo - This promotion is quite a surprise! His son takes brilliant ukeme.

Jorge Garcia
01-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Wagner Bull has been an avid practitioner of Aikido for many years. He has written some large and impressive looking books on the art and he also recently had the second largest Aikido seminar ever held with over 2000 participants. I know him to be a sincere seeker of the depths of Aikido and he is a worthy selection to become a shihan in this art.
Congratulations Bull Sensei!

Jorge Garcia

Fernando Sanchez
02-08-2009, 01:50 AM
It is a big honor to Brazil to have a authentic recognized shihan by Aikikai Hombu Dojo. Specially cause Bull Sensei never lived in Japan, and studied
always here in our country and this fact is very important to us brazilians aikidoists . Of course he traveled a lot and participated and
organized many semminars with top Aikido masters and trained directelly with more then 32 direct students of the Founder in short periods in this 40
years of his training and has the opportunity to have private talkings with the. But his promotion by Doshu Moriteru Ueshiba for sure it is a proof of
the maturity of Aikido teaching in Brazil and this is very important to us. In the next 10 years I am sure many talents will be found here in our
country, and Bull Sensei has a lot to do in order this new era could happen. He influenced thousants of Aikidoists in our country. His books and
articles brought begginers to all dojos , specially his book "Aikido O Caminho da Sabedoria" that now is in the 14th Edition.
His main technical influences were, Massanao Ueno Sensei and Yoshimitsu Yamada Sensei. The first, also a shinto priest introduced him to the
connection of Aikido with Shinto, and the Second taught him the so called "Aikikai Style". He studied a lot also by himself , and with people who
trained with Morihiro Saito Sensei the Iwama Style, and did big research in the basics of Shioda Gozo after 1984 when videos and books began to appear in the midia with yoshinkan method of aikido teaching focusing in "kokyu Rioku". He was fascinated by the way that Gozo Shioda projectec his
students in the films he saw and said one day he would do that . His Aikido library is e enormous, he has more then 400 books just about AIkido, and
around 500 dvd and videos. He wrote 8 books about Aikido and translated 12 aikido books from english to portuguese that were published in Brazil. The books of O Sensei, Doshu Kishomaru and the recent 4 of the new Doshu Moriteru are among then. He told me he studied and experiented everything he found out in his library and tested in his daily training and classes in those 40 years of practice. I see his AIkido as a mixture of everything. In the last 10 years he was very interested too in Daito Ryu specially in Aiki Age, and Aiki sage practice, that it is done in all his regular classes. He insists that AIkido must be efficient as self defese and do not run of hard attacks but at the same time, he says that AIkido is a Way of Life, a kind of religion, and that the best practice is that the aikidoist can act naturally without prearranged forms, that is why he founded the Instituto Takemussu, that has as goal that Aikido is a efficient martial art but used as a kind of tool to lead the practicioner to illumination.
Bull Sensei is misture of a philosopher, , martial artist, writer, politician, bussinesman, it is difficult to label his personallity.

We have been very fortunated one to have had him as our Aikido mentor.

Congratulations Bull Shihan , you are a living testemony and a inspiration to us. You really showed us that when a student really wants to learn
Aikido well, he can , not matter the difficulties presented. Thank you very much for all this years, with this promotion you are receiving a fair reward
for your efforts in favour of the developement of O Sensei´s and AIkikai Aikido in Brazil.

Shizentota
02-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Congratulation Bull sensei,
I have read 2 of his books,
He make a really good work,
it really helped my keiko and understanding many things, spiritual, an technichal.

It is a really good news for all latin amerikan aikidokas.

I dont know if their book were translated into spanish, that would be a great thing, hope someone can help me on that.

Well,
Muito Obrigado

:circle: :square: :triangle:

Fernando Sanchez
02-12-2009, 08:00 AM
The books of Bull Sensei are really very good. He did a big research in all Aikido disposable literature and inteviewed many top masters.

His best book is : "Aikido o Caminho da Sabedoria" in 3 volumes with more then 1500 pages that covers the theory, the technical and historical facts about Aikido.
We brasilians we can read spanish without any difficulty. It is almost a enciclopedic work.

Have you difficulty to read in portuguese?

Shizentota
02-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Nop, but sometimes I used a dictionary.

I have been in brasil several times, so I am famliar with portuguese, but I will love to share the knowlege of this book with my aikidoka fellows.

aikidoc
02-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Congratulations Bull sensei.

Fernando Sanchez
02-14-2009, 11:25 AM
You can buy his book in those addresses down:

http://www.submarino.com.br/produto/1/217856?franq=123747

or

http://compare.buscape.com.br/aikido-o-caminho-da-sabedoria-a-teoria-bull-wagner-8531513200.html