PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

George Fowler
01-13-2009, 04:34 PM
My name is George Fowler. I have been practicing Aikido for three years now in Dallas, Tx. Daily training with an emphasis on ukemi has become my routine. My goal in this process is to increase my level of self discipline and to increase my effectiveness as an artist and human being.

Off of the mat, I am a metal sculptor by trade (www.georgefowler.etsy.com). I find an intrinsic link between martial art and fine art.

My intent on this forum is to suplement my physicial training though research and conversation with those who have more understanding.

Thanks,
George Fowler

akiy
01-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Hi George,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Voitokas
01-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Welcome! Nice stuff on your website; I liked the 'axis mundi' one especially.

Marc Randolph
01-16-2009, 06:11 PM
My name is George Fowler. I have been practicing Aikido for three years now in Dallas, Tx. Daily training with an emphasis on ukemi has become my routine. My goal in this process is to increase my level of self discipline and to increase my effectiveness as an artist and human being.

Off of the mat, I am a metal sculptor by trade (www.georgefowler.etsy.com). I find an intrinsic link between martial art and fine art.

My intent on this forum is to suplement my physicial training though research and conversation with those who have more understanding.

Thanks,
George Fowler

Howdy from a fellow Dallas-ite (hmmm... that just doesn't sound quite right)! You've most definitely come to the right place to find people with more understanding - the Aikiweb is filled with the top English speaking instructors, and they are all too happy to engage in spirited discussions.

And as Jeremy commented, very nice art. So nice, in fact, that I'm going to have to hide that website from my wife, or else I'm going to be out some serious money for Christmas. And her birthday. And my birthday.

Have fun!

Marc