PDA

View Full Version : New Member Intro

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Yussel
12-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Hello:

I joined yesterday. I studied aikido for about 5 years but stopped about 9 years ago. I am curious about whether or not there are any orthodox jews (like myself) out there who practice and have found ways to do so within the constraints of Jewish Law.

Thanks

Dan Rubin
12-29-2008, 10:17 AM
I am curious about whether or not there are any orthodox jews (like myself) out there who practice and have found ways to do so within the constraints of Jewish Law.

You might repeat this question in the "General" forum, to get more responses. In the meantime, this thread from 2002 might be a good place to start. It shows that, depending on the dojo, you might be frustrated in your practice:

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2242

Good luck.

Voitokas
12-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Welcome! I agree with Dan that starting a thread in the main forum is the way to go - you might tell people where you are, too. Some aspects of the law are easier to accomodate than others, so finding a dojo to accomodate you might be easier or harder depending on your age and location. You might also be able to find an orthodox aikidoka or sensei who would be willing to meet with your elders to explain the aspects of practise that might seem dodgy at first glance. Good luck, and I hope that you're able to come back to practise soon!

akiy
12-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi Jay,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun