PDA

View Full Version : My first Jiyuwaza

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Marko Ilic
12-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Hi, yesterday I just did my firs Jiyuwaza from katatetori ai hanmi.
My sensei told me that he was thrilled with my performance. He also said that we are doing Jiyuwaza tonight. But I wanted to ask you about Kotegaeshi in Jiyuwaza. When i do kotegaeshi ura (from ai hanmi irimi-tenkan to uke's back and then swing tour left leg back for ushiro and throw) I somehow don't get my hand out of uke's grip. Can somebody tell me how to accomplish this.

Thanks,
Marko

P.S. I don't get my hand out when we are doing it from static I don't know why.

ChristianBoddum
12-25-2008, 07:37 AM
Let your hand stay in front of you,
turn your elbow towards ukes' center, in effect an atemi,
works every time !

Marko Ilic
12-25-2008, 11:34 AM
I'll try it out right know and tell you the results.

Flintstone
12-25-2008, 05:01 PM
(...) I somehow don't get my hand out of uke's grip. Can somebody tell me how to accomplish this.
Well, personally I don't think you do need to get your hand out. Just perform kotegaeshi with your forearm. That's what we do in Nihon Taijutsu.

If you do want to get your hand out, keep it on your center, turn it palm up (thumb out) and continue your tenkan. It will free itself.

Nathan Wallace
12-25-2008, 08:43 PM
I agree with flinstone. You don't need to panic if you don't get the hand out. Go with the flow.

Marko Ilic
12-26-2008, 11:21 AM
When we had Jiyu waza. I had I slight problem with katatetori gyakohanmi shihonage. I kinda get confused when doing it. Can anyone tell me how to do it.

ChristianBoddum
12-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Marko !

Two things;
What style of Aikido do you practice ? - there can be quite a big difference in kamae and Irimi !
Forums are fine, but, you should ask your sensei or sempai first and foremost, as they should be the ones giving you technical advice,
in effect if you don't, it equals not having faith in your sensei,
that is not good style !!

I wish for you that you get your answers !

Marko Ilic
12-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Sorry for not making it clear. What I meant to say earlier is that my brain doesn't react fast. That I lose seance of my coordination. In short... I don't react fast enough. Hope this made it clear.

Peace,
Marko

Mark Gibbons
12-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi, yesterday I just did my first Jiyuwaza from katatetori ai hanmi.

What is jiyuwaza at your home dojo? How many attackers, how do they attack for instance?

Mark

Marko Ilic
12-27-2008, 01:53 AM
We are practicing 1 nage 2 ukes.

Mark Gibbons
12-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Do both uke attack at the same time or are they taking turns?

Marko Ilic
12-27-2008, 03:33 PM
They attack by taking turns.