PDA

View Full Version : Newby

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

GeneC
11-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Hello, I'm GeneC. 49yrs old, living/working in LasVegas and just starting my journey in Aikido. I've been studying martial arts for most of my life, including boxing, Shotokan karate( while stationed at Iwakuni, Japan), Jeet Kune Do, Tae Kwon Do and MMA-Muay Tai kickboxing and Brazilian Jujitsu, just 5 yrs ago. A torn ACL ended that run. Now, at this point in my life (2 wks ago I was in the hospital with a mild heart attack. No damage to heart or arteries, just high BP, cholesterol, stress, anxiety, etc. I'm on meds now and feel better than I have in years), I feel the need to find my Chi and unify my body,mind and spirit. I'm practicing Tai Chi and Aikido. I have learned much since I've been here and hope to be here a good long time, God willing.

akiy
11-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi Clarence,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

Harm-ony
11-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Hi GeneC, welcome.... :)
I hope you are always healthy...
and find your chi /Ki ...
I think the most important is that you must realize your 'existence' in this world, the consciousness of existence...
And to your ''illness' i suggest try to 'Forgive' everything happened to you including the problems with your 'Family'...
And 'thanks' to God behavour...
I hope it useful...
Peace and Love, :ai:

sceptic aikido bandung indonesia

Voitokas
11-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your health - sometimes it's good to get a wake-up call, right? Although that sounds like kind of a scary one! Take it light and pay attention to your body... I hope the next few years bring you some calm and happiness.

See you on the mat,
voitokas

RonRagusa
12-19-2008, 07:49 PM
...I feel the need to find my Chi and unify my body,mind and spirit.

Welcome Clarence -

Would you prefer being referred to as Gene, Clarence or GeneC?

I understand from your post that you have been involved in martial arts for a very long time but your exposure to Aikido is very recent. Because you come from a long time martial arts background, you will probably initially see Aikido in light of previous experience. As you continue your study you may find that Aikido offers you a rich variety of ways to develop both your martial abilities and the integration of your mind, body and spirit that are quite independent of what you have learned previously.

What form your Aikido takes depends largely on what you create of your experiences as you study and practice. If your road unfolds in any way like mine has you will find that your emphasis will change as you grow into Aikido as a way of life.

I wish you well on your journey and welcome to AikiWeb.

Ron