View Full Version : Hi!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

02-13-2002, 03:13 PM
Howdy all!!
My name is Mike Thomson. I'm new to Akai-web and aikido. Enjoying both very much.

Aikido is an art I have wanted to study since I was 12. My uncle was telling my stories of how he'd trained for awhile in aikido and some stories about O'sensei, and still more about how the jo came about. I was hooked, however, it took me 16 years to finally go out and join a club. Now that I am actually training I am finding it to be everything my boyish mind had imagined and sooooo much more!! :p

Currently the Sarpy Aikido Club and myself are looking forward to a visit from Kondo Sensei. I believe he is one of the senseis that my sensei (Ron Christenham) trained under. Kondo Sensei is going to be in town for 5 days, and for a brand new aikidoka to be able to train with him, for even a short time is an honor. I'm pumped!!:D He will be instructing two of our regular classes and we're staying at one of State Parks over the weekend for more training!! :D Yea!!! Three days of nothing but aikido! (and nature ;) )

Nice to be part of the aikido family!! :)

02-13-2002, 03:22 PM
Hi Mike,

Great to hear your expectations have not be disapointed sofar.

Keep up the good faith and enjoy!

02-13-2002, 08:50 PM
Glad to hear you've finally found a dojo;)

Have a great time at the seminar!

02-13-2002, 10:35 PM
Hi Mike,

Good to have you here! I hope you'll let us know how the seminar goes.

-- Jun