PDA

View Full Version : a great promotion

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

David Pien
02-06-2002, 02:27 PM
hi all,
I am getting ready for my tae-bo gold(not eagle...yet!) belt promotion this week and I was wondering if anybody had any tips for me to do well and impress my sensaie.
thanks for any tips or sugesstions.

D. Pien

Thalib
02-06-2002, 04:29 PM
wax on...

wax off...

Largo
02-06-2002, 09:16 PM
I am getting ready for my tae-bo gold(not eagle...yet!) belt promotion this week and I was wondering if anybody had any tips for me to do well and impress my sensaie.
Crunches... lots of them. Nothing looks worse than an extra bit of pudge in a leotard.;)

guest1234
02-08-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by David Pien
hi all,
thanks for any tips or sugesstions.

D. Pien

Good luck, David. I don't know anything (still) about tae-bo testing, but I'm sure you will do well, please let us know how it went.:) In many Aikido dojos, you are usually very well prepared before your sensei considers letting you test, and I'd bet it is similar for you, so it should just be a good chance to relax and show your sensei how much you appreciate what he has taught you. Have fun!:D

thomson
02-13-2002, 02:38 PM
Please forgive me in advance, this question may seem rude, but believe me its not meant to be. Tae-bo is actually a martial art? I thought it was merely a form of exercise based on various MA's. Any info would be helpful. I hate to sound so "newbie" but I've just begun aikido about a month or so ago and it is my 1st MA, so I'm not very educated in the others out there, other than the "big" ones (karate, TKD, judo, etc).

Thanks,
Mike
:freaky:

Abasan
02-24-2002, 09:30 PM
Thomson,

Whats in a name? If someone takes up Kung Fu but ultimately sucks at it, can you call what he's practising martial arts? And if Tae Bo helps David over there overcome his adversaries and life's greatest challenges, doesn't it equal our views on martial arts, budo and what not?

Just because its not a Levis doesn't mean its not a pair of jeans.

ndiegel
02-25-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Abasan
If someone takes up Kung Fu but ultimately sucks at it, can you call what he's practising martial arts?

Well, maybe not practicing, but sucking at martial arts is another term that I can think of... :D

Noah

ranZ
03-21-2002, 11:48 AM
my cousin just told her girlfriend who took TaeBo suckerpunch a girl who tried to steal my cousin's handphone.
wow, i didn't know Billy Blanks teach that.