PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Diego Garcia, Indian Ocean

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Linn314
09-24-2008, 03:06 AM
Just joined and have been looking around and reading some very good articles on your site. Diego Garcia is a small island about 7 degrees south of the Equator in the Indian Ocean. There is a small US Navy base here as well as an Aikido Dojo. I have been practicing for about a year now and am getting ready to transfer to Pensacola Florida where I hope to continue training there.

Glad to meet everyone!

Al Linn

usn322
09-24-2008, 06:52 AM
I am also in the navy but i didn't think that they have a dojo there in diego garcia, if you don't mind me asking what style do they practice over there? and where? because there is a possibility that i might be going there so please let me know i would appreciate it thanks

akiy
09-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi Allen,

Welcome to AikiWeb. It's interesting to hear that aikido is on such a small island!

-- Jun

Linn314
09-25-2008, 03:46 AM
Yes it was a bonus to find it here. As this is an unaccompanied tour there is plenty of time to train. We hold class three times a week and a lot of us train on Sundays. It is been a good pass time for the year I have been here. The style we practice is Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido with Ki development on Fridays. Lloyd, let me know if I can answer any more questions about Aikido or the island.

Allen

usn322
11-10-2008, 07:26 AM
sorry it took me a while to reply anyways, wow so you practice ki society style. well i practice on iwama style it is pretty good on the emphasis on the basics and weapons training as well i have been training there for over a year and the dojo is awesome in terms of the instructor and the students. so what kyu are you?