View Full Version : Greetings everyone!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

09-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Hi all, as mentioned from the disclaimer the first the due diligence is to introduce yourself so here I go.

I do not practice Aikido or any other martial art but I am looking around for some that would suit me.

I have came to an age when I see other people going to the gym everyday and when I am worried about my health. I am in a good shape but I do not practice any sport or "go to the gym".

Going to the gym does not attract me as you may have guessed sport for sport is not what I am looking for. I am looking for a way to help maintaining good physical condition while improving the mind.

I started a while ago Karate when in Tokyo I enjoyed practicing the kata and understand the "why" of each posture but somehow I really did not like the fights and competition at each level of karate.

I am now discovering aikido from a very beginner point of view and so far I have to say that I love the philosophy and right now I am browsing around to find out how to start or at least get ready to start aikido...

Larry Cuvin
09-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Welcome to Aikiweb Florian. I was on the same boat four and a half years ago. Went to an intro class and was hooked.

Randy Sexton
09-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Getting ready to start is like getting ready to swim. You can do only so much on dry land. Find a local dojo and see if you fit in. Then jump in the pool! The water is great!

09-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi Florian,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

09-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Thank you everyone for your welcoming messages. The more I try to understand how it works the more difficult it seems to find a dojo/sensei

Janet Rosen
09-17-2008, 07:57 PM
If you are in Toronto you have a lot of options. I suggest you pick three to start and go visit them: watch class, check out what seems to be teaching styles and dojo culture. Each of us learn differently and are loooking for something different.