PDA

View Full Version : San Diego, CA

Please visit our sponsor:

MM
09-03-2008, 09:31 AM
It's still two months away, but I wanted to let people know that I *should* (unless work cancels the trip) be in San Diego from Nov 7th to the 12th. It's a work trip and I doubt I'll have a rental car. I'll be a few blocks from the San Diego Convention Center, though.

I checked and Los Angeles is only 2 hours away. Course, I have no clue about traffic, so that might mean it's a 4 hour trip one way. :) But, my evenings should be fairly free, so if anyone would like to get together while I'm there, let me know.

Mark

Michael Hackett
09-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Mark,

As you probably know by now, there is a wealth of Aikido in the SD area. Feel free to join us in Vista. We are about 45 minutes away including the traffic. North on I-5, East on Hwy 78, Melrose off ramp to the North. We are a AAA dojo and classes start at 6:45pm, M-F. If you need more info, feel free to PM me.

MM
10-30-2008, 06:15 PM
This is a work trip. I won't have a vehicle.

I'll be staying in the Gaslamp District.

Should be there around 2PM on Nov 7th. So, Friday late afternoon to evening has a good chance of being free.

Saturday (8th) - Late afternoon to evening has another good chance at being free. Depending on how smoothly things go, I might even get done before Noon. :)

Sunday(9th) - Definitely not until at least 5:30PM. After that, I should be free.

Monday(10th) - Definitely not until at least 5:30PM. After that, I should be free. Possible early morning could be free - 6-10AM.

Tuesday(11th) - The only free time would be early morning 6-10AM. After that, it's a looong day for me.

Wednesday, I leave in the morning.

Cynrod
10-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi Mark,

If you're on Gaslamp downtown area then the San Diego Aikikai (founded by T.K. Chiba sensei) will be the closest dojo to you.

San Diego Aikiai
3680 6th Ave.
San Diego, Ca 92103
Ph(619)280-0082
(corner of 6th Ave. and Pennsylvania)

Mark, are you staying at the Marriott or at the Hyatt? I am coming down to San Diego but on Thanksgiving day. Anyway, enjoy your stay there and you take care.

MM
10-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi Mark,

If you're on Gaslamp downtown area then the San Diego Aikikai (founded by T.K. Chiba sensei) will be the closest dojo to you.

San Diego Aikiai
3680 6th Ave.
San Diego, Ca 92103
Ph(619)280-0082
(corner of 6th Ave. and Pennsylvania)

Mark, are you staying at the Marriott or at the Hyatt? I am coming down to San Diego but on Thanksgiving day. Anyway, enjoy your stay there and you take care.

Thanks for the info!

I'm staying at the Comfort Inn at 660 G St, San Diego, CA 92101.

ramenboy
10-31-2008, 10:27 AM
mark you lucky dog!

i'm with rod on this one. not sure if chiba sensei is travelling, but its great aikido a the san diego aikikai.