PDA

View Full Version : Junior Members?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

SimonW11
06-08-2000, 12:48 PM
so how do you get to be a senior member?

akiy
06-08-2000, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by SimonW11

Post more...

If anyone has suggestions as to what we could call people on this board rather than the lackadaisical "Junior Member" kind of thing, please speak up!

tarik
06-08-2000, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by akiy

Post more...

If anyone has suggestions as to what we could call people on this board rather than the lackadaisical "Junior Member" kind of thing, please speak up!

Mudansha? Yudansha? Mu-member? Yu-member?

Tarik

Markus
06-09-2000, 05:44 AM

Post more...

Well... there is the Kyu/Dan system and we have fukushidoin, shidoin, shihan ;-))

Perhaps start with mudan, then shodan ...

Hm?

:-) Markus

akiy
06-09-2000, 11:43 AM
I had stuff like "6th e-Kyu" (with the "e-" prefix to distinguish your "cyber" rank from your real life one), but I got feedback that it was too cutesy so I dropped it.

By the way, although the quoting feature is nice, you don't really need to use it if you're replying to the whole thread; when a person views the thread, s/he will be able to see the rest of the thread, any way...

-- Jun

tarik
06-09-2000, 12:27 PM
Perhaps that could be the default? Or a second reply icon?

There doesn't seem to be an automatic way to not get the quote when replying.

Tarik

jboylan
06-09-2000, 12:38 PM
If you use the post reply that is in test below the message, then you don't get the quoting.

Jun, you might want to do something about that.

jeff

akiy
06-09-2000, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by jboylan
If you use the post reply that is in test below the message, then you don't get the quoting.

Jun, you might want to do something about that.

jeff

Such as?

The "Reply w/Quote" icon needs to stay where it is -- with the message it's quoting. I don't know if it would make sense to put a "Reply w/o Quote" icon in all of the messages...

Any suggestions?

-- Jun

jboylan
06-10-2000, 01:29 AM

Such as?

The "Reply w/Quote" icon needs to stay where it is -- with the message it's quoting. I don't know if it would make sense to put a "Reply w/o Quote" icon in all of the messages...

Any suggestions?

-- Jun

No idea. That's why you are making the site and I am just commenting. All I know is that it is odd that the text Reply below the message has a different behaviour than the icon above.

Just twiddling my brain cells.... No real point. <G>

jeff

tarik
06-10-2000, 01:34 AM
I was just running into some wierd behavior where the entire reply page wasn't rendering if I used the post reply link vs. the reply with quote link.

It went away when I rebooted, so it may have just been exloder leaking memory on me. But, FWIW...

Tarik

Victor
06-10-2000, 10:06 AM
errr....
Aren't we going a little bit off topic?
Shouldn't you start a new thread for discussing quoting (in a 'Feedback' forum) ?

So, about Kyu->Dan ranking system...
What is wrong with it?
I even thought how to apply it...

Erik
06-17-2000, 02:54 PM
How bout stud, super stud, king stud, whatever. Jr. sucks big time. I once had the title Jr. programmer and every time my boss used it I thought f... you. Brings back bad memories.

How bout we all just be users or members?

Chuck Clark
06-17-2000, 03:09 PM
How about "mu"
no term
no title
just " "

Erik
06-17-2000, 05:13 PM
Excellent suggestion.

akiy
06-18-2000, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Chuck Clark