PDA

View Full Version : arts that focus on striking soft tissue

Please visit our sponsor:

rob_liberti
07-08-2008, 10:16 AM
What are the arts the primarily focus on attacking soft tissue?

I was reading this none sense article:
http://www.multipliedforce.com/StutelyDeal/

and the only explanation I could see for such a claim would be that this guy also really knows how to fast track aiki power (which I doubt) OR that this guy has some good training on attacking soft tissue (which is possible) OR that is another internet scam (most likely).

Not looking for this guys creds, don't care. I am interested in who the credible soft tissue strikers are. Anyone know?

Rob

phitruong
07-08-2008, 11:06 AM
title made sense. I liked to strike the soft parts, hurt me less. good strategy really, why attack strong positions when you can sneak into the crack then throttle the bastards. I like to take cookies from babies too, it's a lot safer than from their mothers. :)

Patrick Hutchinson
07-08-2008, 12:16 PM
I dunno, why bother trying to tackle 20 stoners in the first place? Just offer them another joint (or two).

eyrie
07-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Um... it's not an article? :D

I'm not sure what Ian Goehler's relationship to Russell is... but I think it's just marketing hype of Russell's MFSS material.

AFAIK, Russell doesn't claim aiki-power anything. He has some interesting ideas about power generation - not that I'm in any capacity to critically comment on, but some of it makes sense... although I'm not sure if it would be consider as "aiki".

"Soft tissue striking" makes a LOT of sense, especially IF you are the average martially-unconditioned Joe/Jane. Obviously, as with everything else, *some* practice is involved....

Maybe some videos might help clarify what he does... http://russellstutely.co.uk/clips.htm

Kevin Leavitt
07-08-2008, 10:01 PM
watched a couple of his videos on youtube. Looks credible to me. He seems to understand grappling and the dynamic of control in a non compliant environment. I always look for this first. Based on this, he seems to expand it a lttle and add a little more to his delivery once he gains control of the core. Good stuff, and yes you can cause some damage once you control the core.

Special? I see nothing really all that special about it. Looks like good solid training from what I can tell.