PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Please visit our sponsor:

Aluko
06-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Hello to everybody out there! I'm a college art student in Kansas City. I don't do Aikido...at least not yet. I've been reading about it for a while now and have seen a lot of demonstration videos. With school money and time can be pretty tight so I want to know as much as I can before deciding if this is for me. I decided to join this forum to see what you guys, the actual practitioners, think about Aikido and what got you interested in learning.

Ron Tisdale
06-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Welcome! Best advice I can give is to go by a dojo and ask them to let you train for two classes to see if you like it. If you do, then sign up!

Best,
Ron

mickeygelum
06-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Well, after almost thirty-seven years of martial arts training, I was told yesterday to quit doing Aikido...because I was always getting thrown down or was being hurt by pins and such.

So, I am passing this bit of wisdom on to you as it was given to me freely, and I quote, " Uncle Mick quit doing that stuff you do and quit getting hurt...study Kung-Fu Panda, he never loses or gets hurt!"...compliments of my niece, she's five....:p

akiy
06-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi Alex,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Aluko
06-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Welcome! Best advice I can give is to go by a dojo and ask them to let you train for two classes to see if you like it. If you do, then sign up!

Best,
Ron

Thanks! I think I'll try that.