PDA

View Full Version : Mustard and Thambu

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

kohaku
05-20-2008, 03:28 AM
Just spotted a seminar in the UK this summer in July, Going to be hosted by two senior ranks jointly (Mustard Sensei and Thambu Sensei, both 7th Dan Yoshinkan). Was wondering if anybody has attended a seminar where two senior ranks jointly host? What do people think we can expect from a seminar such as this? I don't think i have attended a seminar where there are three 7th Dans on the mat (third being Robson Sensei) Was wondering if anyone was planning on going to this.

I look forward to you input.

Drew

Ron Tisdale
05-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Wish I could go but it would be a bit of a trip for me... :D

I've always enjoyed Mustard Sensei's classes. Really great guy. I've never had the pleasure of meeting Thambu Sensei, but perhaps one day. His vids are pretty awesome.

Best,
Ron

aikispike
05-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Just spotted a seminar in the UK this summer in July, Going to be hosted by two senior ranks jointly (Mustard Sensei and Thambu Sensei, both 7th Dan Yoshinkan).

Drew

wow. Mustard and Thambu! Both are incredible. Not a seminar to be missed... unless, perhaps, you are on the wrong continent. You don't have to be yoshinkan to appreciate these two instructors, but if you are they have the technique that you (should) aspire to.

Spike

Joseph Madden
05-20-2008, 03:01 PM
If only I had the money. I'd be there in a minute.

Bill Danosky
05-20-2008, 04:16 PM
We can't live unless we get Mustard Sensei to Central Illinois at least once a year. Our dojocho, Paul Huber Sensei is trying to get a confirmation on our Thambu date for this November but I understand it's a done deal.

I'll post it as soon as I hear for sure.

Janet Rosen
05-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Well of course it happens at the summer" or "winter" camps held in various styles. In San Francisco there were joint seminars with Yamada Sensei and Shibata Sensei a few yrs back

KamiKaze_Evolution
06-05-2008, 07:01 AM
wow. Mustard and Thambu! Both are incredible. Not a seminar to be missed... unless, perhaps, you are on the wrong continent. You don't have to be yoshinkan to appreciate these two instructors, but if you are they have the technique that you (should) aspire to.

Spike

I have been only met with Joe Thambu Sensei's uncle:D

aikidoaddict
06-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi Drew
I met Joe Thambu Sensei in Melbourne Australia about 5 years ago. I had quit from my Aiki Kai group and wanted to train with him. I saw him do a demo once, as soon as he stepped foot onto the mat I knew he was great. He was amazing.
I went and trained with him for nearly a year.
Had a blast.
He is such a nice guy.
We compared techniques and styles and really enjoyed our time together. I call him my friend.
If you get a chance to train with him or to be at a seminar with him, you will not be disappointed at all.
Please pass on my regards to him when you meet him.
Paul Araki-Metcalfe and his wife Naoko in Fukuoka Japan.
Ex aiki-kai Aikido Australia.
Cheers
Paul in Japan