PDA

View Full Version : Update of the USAF Shihan list

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

AikiWeb System
05-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Posted 2008-05-09 08:13:57 by Jim Baker
News URL: http://www.aikidoeast.com/aikidoeast/certified_instructors/certified_instructors.html

The United States Aikido Federation has updated its list of certified Shihans. There are now twenty Shihans in the USAF.

Karen Wolek
05-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Wow, that's a lot of new shihan!

*Linda Lee Vecchio, Aikido of Cleveland*

A female shihan in the USAF, woo hoo! :)

Goye
05-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Congratulations to Shihan David Halprin!!!!

Jennifer Yabut
05-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Wow, that's a lot of new shihan!

*Linda Lee Vecchio, Aikido of Cleveland*

A female shihan in the USAF, woo hoo! :)

It's about time too! Hopefully, we'll see more female shihan in the USAF soon. :D

I'm also happy to see David Halprin added to the shihan list. I've worked with both him and his wife Barbara Britton (who I also think needs to make the list soon, IMHO) during the most recent New Year's seminar at their dojo. Both of them are excellent instructors and nice people to boot.

BeckyDaresh
05-12-2008, 09:53 PM
My Sensei is Linda Lee Vecchio. I am so proud and honored to have her as my teacher. She has been continuously training in Aikido since 1965, and she is an "awesome" teacher. I have been training for over 17 years, and still watch her with fascination. Her unending dedication and love of the art is passed along to all of her Dojo students and her community college students.

Congratulations to Vecchio Sensei and all of the other new USAF Shihan.

AsimHanif
05-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Congrats to ALL! Especially very good to see Luqman Hakeem and Bieri Sensei who tend to be low key but have given so much of themselves, being recognized.