PDA

View Full Version : where to practice in manila philippines

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

carlo pagal
04-25-2008, 01:46 AM
can anyone suggest a good dojo in manila? i might go there next month and i'd love to try practicing there. thank you in advance!

rulemaker
04-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Hi Carlo,

I am from Aikido Philipines and we have several dojos in Manila. You can look at the directory page of our website and select the dojo near you in Manila.

Our website is: www.aikido-philippines.com

If you need any help just pm me or email me at aikiphil@justice.com.

Sincerely,

Mel
www.aikido-philippines.com

raul rodrigo
04-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Where will you be staying? It depends on what dojo would be most convenient for you. My own dojo is in Pasig; a friend of mine runs an excellent dojo in Cubao.

Larry Cuvin
04-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Raul,
I will be in Kamuning sometime mid June. Where in Cubao is the dojo located? Is it OK to drop by, maybe train? The last time I was there, I trained with Talag sensei at SM Mega Mall while the rest of the family shopped. Maybe we could do the same thing at Cubao.

Thanks,
Larry

raul rodrigo
04-25-2008, 07:30 PM
It's 126 10th St, Cubao, right behind SM. I also run another dojo in Valle Verde Country Club, not far from SM MegaMall. Talag sensei came to our last demo in SM Megamall on April 5. You can contact me at 0915-51077558 if you need more info.

best,

R

carlo pagal
04-25-2008, 11:38 PM
we will be staying in legaspi near amorsolo. i'm really not familiar with places there. thank you very much rommel and raul!

CitoMaramba
04-26-2008, 03:24 AM
Raul,
I will be in Kamuning sometime mid June. Where in Cubao is the dojo located? Is it OK to drop by, maybe train? The last time I was there, I trained with Talag sensei at SM Mega Mall while the rest of the family shopped. Maybe we could do the same thing at Cubao.

Thanks,
Larry

I actually used to live in Kamuning before my family and I moved to the UK 2 years ago. I was teaching in a dojo on Kamuning Road. It closed however, when we left for the UK.

One of my dojomates has started teaching in Centro Atletico, which is located at:
25 West Road corner North Road, Cubao, Q.C.
You might want to check it out.
Wikimapia link: http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=14.612774&lon=121.049954&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2

I also highly recommend training at the dojo that Raul suggested, the KiRyuKan on 10th St. I've trained with Asperin Sensei before... they are good people :)

Raul, I'll drop in on you in Valle Verde when I visit the PH, OK? :D

Cheers!

Cito

Raul Roldan
04-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Carlo
you can try the Makati Aikido Club (you can access the website either via Google or Aikiweb dojo Search) at the Makati Sports Club along Alfaro Street (now also called Leviste). Drop Royce Reyes Sensei a line. I'm sure you'll be welcome. They have classes every 6:30 pm everyday.
Good Luck!

CitoMaramba
04-26-2008, 07:41 AM
www.makatiaikidoclub.com (http://www.makatiaikidoclub.com)
.. although the site is having some glitches at the moment..

raul rodrigo
04-26-2008, 08:58 AM
we will be staying in legaspi near amorsolo. i'm really not familiar with places there. thank you very much rommel and raul!

If you're staying in Legaspi Village, near Amorsolo St,, then the Makati Aikido Club in Makati Sports Club, Leviste St., would be a good choice. I train there a few times every month, whenever I happen to be in the area. Senseis Royce and Dam will be glad to have you as a guest. There is also an aikido dojo in BPI Family Bank in Legaspi Village, I haven't trained there myself, but Rommel will be able to tell you what you need to know.

Sito, when will you be back in Manila?

best,

R

CitoMaramba
04-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi Raul,
We'll probably be visiting in late March / early April, 2009. Hope to see you then!

Cito

Larry Cuvin
04-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Cito,
What a small world! I grew up K-5th really close to JC Supermarket. I would have walked and visited your dojo years ago whenever I was home had I've known you had a dojo there.

Raul,
I will give you a call when I get there. What's the typical schedule at both the Cubao and Valle Verde?