PDA

View Full Version : Baoding balls, Chinese Exercise Balls, Chinese Therapy Balls

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

dps
04-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Does anyone else use this?

http://www.baodingballs.com/baoding_ball_techniques.html

David

Kevin Leavitt
04-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Used to...before I lost them. Did it more to relieve stress than anything else.

Esaemann
04-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah, mostly while driving (with both hands, kidding).

Mark Uttech
04-25-2008, 12:20 PM
I used them for many years. After taking them with me to the hospital to help me recover from an auto accident, the hospital thought them useful for physical therapy and stocked their own!

In gassho,

Mark

jennifer paige smith
04-26-2008, 07:26 PM
high school kids love em.....

HL1978
04-26-2008, 09:21 PM
I've had a set for years. If you are interested in using them as a training implement, find ones that are solid or filled with sand, and are properly sized for your hands. The chimed ones aren't quite as effective. It does help buildup the forearms and grip strength.

My kajukembo instructor could do some crazy stuff with them, some moves looked a lot like the harlem globetrotters to be honest.

Joshua Jackman
04-28-2008, 05:59 AM
I have found these to be great training tools for maintaining healthy hands and forearms. I personally reccomend a pair from IronMind.com. Each Ball weighs 1.3 lbs. and they are quite large. I use them in two main ways. First, as a workout tool. A sample workout for me would be something like:

1. 5 min. balls connected(Always Touching), Clockwise rotation with the right hand, Counter Clockwise rotation with the left hand.
2. 5 min. balls connected, Counter Clockwise rotation with the right, Clockwise with the left.
3. Same as 1 and 2, except try to never let the balls touch.

Second, they are also a great Active recovery tool, they are very good for warming up and cooling down when doing any kind of activity that is hard on the fingers and hands. Or as a means of rehabing a tweaked finger pulley or tendon.

Take Care,

Joshua Jackman