PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Ron Macy
03-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi!
I'm new to this forum, and to the aikido arts in general. I'm a swordsmith living and working in Oregon, making japanese katanas, wakazashis and tantos. I love my work, love japanese blades and would like to develop my skills as a user of these beautiful instruments. I am wondering if any one out there knows of a dojo in my immediate vicinity? I am near Roseburg, just outside of Sutherlin and so far have only been able to locate classes at the local community college. I am looking forward to learning more about this martial art and hope to become as proficient at using the sword as I am at making the sword. Any replies and/or inquiries can be sent directly to my e-mail: yakibaforge@mac.com as well as on this forum. Thanks, I welcome the opportunity to share information with you,
sincerely,
Ron Macy

akiy
03-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi Ron,

Welcome to AikiWeb. To search for a dojo near you, please try using the AikiWeb Search Engine (http://www.aikiweb.com/search). I hope you know and understand that most aikido dojo do not use iaito nor shinken in their practice.

Hope that helps,

-- Jun

Ron Macy
03-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks, I'll try that...
ron