PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

slix
03-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Hey everyone,

I am currently a student of Shim Gum Do, Zen Sword taught under Chang SIk Kim in Boston at the Shim Gwang Sa Temple. (everything korean is weird i know XD) but essentially I've had a strong interest in the way of AIkido for several years and my life path is thus that I know I want to become a life student of an martial art taught under the similar precepts of my current one and Aikido.

Thus I'm hoping to learn more about Aikido and it's usefulness. I will be taking our Master's vision of AIkido in a few months and I think discussion is always inciteful. Anyways I'm pretty confident this is a community I can learn a lot from and hopefully learn where the best place in Seattle to study will be etc.

If anyone wants a more particular introduction I'm a student at BC Law living in Brighton, MA I'm 26 and study and practice Zen Buddhism. Don't worry I've already sworn off becoming a shark on principle and am planning to enter the field of urban planning in seattle in a little over a year where I plan to settle and would like the potential to commit a lifetime. I look forward to meeting you all and will probably lurk for a while before I speak past this intro.

I was well learned by my folks raised in Texas that if you're ignorant about something it's always better to let people wonder while you stay silent than to open your mouth and confirm it. So with all due respect that's my plan unless directly questioned which I would love to answer :)

With respect,

James Nixon

Shim Gum Do: 8 months in residence.

akiy
03-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi James,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun