PDA

View Full Version : Hullo from Cheshire, Britain :)

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

EMarkM
02-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Hullo Aikidoka

My name's Mark and I'm from south Cheshire, Britain.

I'm 36 years old, and work as a Database Administrator for a local financial institution.

Hobbies include video gaming (Xbox 360, Wii, DS), photography, tropical & marine fishkeeping and, ooh, all sorts of other stuff!

I studied judo when I was a teenager (thanks, Tony Knight, Scholar Green) and Lau Gar kung fu in later years (thanks, Bob, Jiff, Adrian and Ben, Congleton & Church Lawton).

Whilst I enjoyed the kung fu, I've always had a hankering to get back to the Japanese stuff for some reason, and much prefer the throws and grappling side of things to the kicks and punches (I was never any good at kicking anyway!)

I've had an interest in Aikido since I first heard about it as a small child, and would really like to take up study now.

I've heard about an old club in the town where I work (Macclesfield) that has recently moved from its old premises to the new JJB leisure centre.

However, work and travel arrangements might make it tough to go along regularly.

I don't suppose anyone here knows of any other clubs in the area, perhaps Congleton, Sandbach or Alsager, do they?

Anyway, hullo again everyone: looking forward to learning a bit during my stay here.

EMM

Jamie_Macc
02-07-2008, 02:11 AM
hey ewen, i did judo when i was younger but have been doing aikido for 7 years now at macclesfield. It is a great club and if you could make it down then it would be fabulas.
however if travel is difficult i could ask my sensei of any clubs near congleton, because he lives near there. i have training tonight and will put up a post at about 10 o clock tonight for you.

Jamie

akiy
02-07-2008, 04:27 AM
Hi Ewen,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

EMarkM
02-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the welcomes :)

News about other local clubs would be good: thanks Jamie.

Jamie_Macc
02-07-2008, 05:22 PM
hey, there is a club in congleton, EVERY THURSDAY BETWEEN 7:00 - 9:00 (PM)
AT CONGLETON Eaton Bank School (Community Learning Centre)
18 Jackson Road, Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1NT.

if you go onto the following website it will give you the information about it, the dojo is aassociate of manchester dojo.
http://www.manchesteraikido.com/manchesteraikidoclub_c1.php

you would be welcome at macc dojo whenever.

hope this helps.

jamie

EMarkM
02-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Fantastic - thanks for that, Jamie.

The Macc one might actually be the better option, as Thursday nights are currently tied up for me.

Thanks for going to the trouble - I'll have to have a think about my weekly schedule now :)

EMM

Jamie_Macc
02-08-2008, 01:36 AM
no worries Ewen, i might see you in the future, if not good luck with your aikido.

jamie

Mark Nicoll
07-18-2008, 07:14 AM
Thanks Jamie for the Congleton plug! :D