PDA

View Full Version : My journey on The Way begins

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

jonathan.mackley
01-23-2008, 04:15 PM
G'day (yes I am from Down Under) fellow Aikidoka and persons just interested in this cool website.

I am Jonathan (32 years young) and this year I have started Aikido in earnest after a brief introductory stint last year. I am based in Melbourne, Victoria and attend Aikidojo in West Melbourne under Simon Harris and a terrific bunch of Sempai attending.

Aikido attracted me first and foremost because of its ethical Way. I wanted a martial art to develop greater self confidence and to bring a stronger discipline to my life. So far after about a dozen classes, I am really enjoying the blend of weapons and empty-hand techniques.

I also (like most Australians) love hitting the beach for a surf. This year also begins a gym training routine to aid strength to my frame.

Well, a big thanks to the people who input to this website - I have found it highly useful in my study of theory so far and under pinning knowledge that is put into practice on the mat.

Cheers!

akiy
01-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to aikido and to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

jonathan.mackley
01-23-2008, 05:09 PM
:) Thanks Jun!

Randy Sexton
01-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Welcome to the mat. I love the international flavor of this website. Lots of different opinions and viewpoints.
Doc:cool: