PDA

View Full Version : New Aikidoka

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

TeleRock
01-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Greetings all,

Just taking a second to introduce myself. I just started training in Aikido and feel very privledged to be training at such a respected dojo.

I began my training just a couple of weeks ago with a couple of goals in mind. Mostly, I am interested in improving my body and spirit through training, and of course to improve my ability to defend myself.

In the few training sessions I've had, I have already noticed a difference in my posture and the way I carry myself. It has given me incentive to hit the bikes at the gym (getting off the mat repeatedly is quite hard when you are overweight), and helps to provide a "purpose" for improving my physical conditioning. It has already helped in reducing my bad habits and given me better introspection (why am I mad? who am I mad at? should I really be doing this, etc.) and is helping me deal with the stresses of modern life.

Frankly, I'm suprised by the amount of benefits I have already received through training, even in just the first couple of weeks. I look forward to continuing my training and making plenty of mistakes, as well as some victories.

Thank you for welcoming me into the community.

Bishop

Ron Tisdale
01-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Welcome, and I like your attitude!

Best,
Ron

akiy
01-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi Bishop,

Welcome to AikiWeb and to aikido.

-- Jun

Will Prusner
01-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Welcome,

Those are great goals!

Mark Uttech
01-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Welcome. Seems like a good start. When trouble, or a muddled spirit comes along, look back to this good start.

In gassho,

Mark