PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Anto566
01-09-2008, 03:57 AM
Hello from the East coast of Ireland.

I have been learning Thai Boxing for a number of years and am just starting to learn aiki-jitsu. I train with my teacher on a one-to-one basis three times a week.

This is my first time joining a forum such as this and it will take some time to find my feet and feel confident enough to contribute. In the meantime, I am looking forward to learning from experienced practitioners, particularly in the areas of diet, motivation and training.

While, I try to eat sensibly, it is always a struggle as the nice foods seem to be the unhealthy ones. My other two areas of interest - motivation and training - are especially important for me, as I find it difficult to do extra-curricular training outside of the formal arena of the dojo. This is something me teacher is pushing me to do, so that we can maximise classtime for actual technique training and sparring.

There's always something else to do at home and anyway, there's alway's tomorrow and the next day to start ...

Any tips in this area would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking forward learning from everybody and hopefully, at some stage, contributing something from my own martial arts experiences.

Anthony

akiy
01-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Hi Anthony,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Randy Sexton
01-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Welcome to Aikido! My history is from Tae Kwon Do (3rd degree) and have been taking Aikido for almost a year and the difference is amazing. You will learn to combine softness and evasion to your incredible power attacks if you need to. As their saying goes move like lightning and strike like thunder!
Doc