PDA

View Full Version : Introductions...

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Steve Turner
12-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Hello ya'll,

After several years of training in Aikido, a sharp detour and a very long absence, I am once again moved in that direction. It is strange the paths we travel and where life takes us.

My introduction to Aikido was under Sensei Tom in San Diego. And after a lot of turns and twists, I find myself in Pontiac Michigan and in search of a new dojo/instructor. I have done the dojo search and surfed the web. Can't seem to find a similar style (Iwama) as to what I have learned. How much does it matter? If important, is there a stye that is closest. Anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Best wishes this New Year. :D

Bronson
01-01-2008, 02:07 AM
Hi Steve,

I responded in another thread before I found this one. I'm not too familiar with the aikido offered on your side of the state, but I found 9dojo within a 25 mile radius of Pontiac. They were primarily Yoshinkan so hopefully one of our many knowledgable Yosh practitioners will chime in.

As far as you needing to stick with the same style my personal take would be that it's not necessary. Go check some out and if you find a place that you fit in with, try to train there. Jun has put together a nice article on selecting a dojo that can be found HERE (http://www.aikiweb.com/training/akiy7.html).

And if you ever find yourself in the Battle Creek or Kalamazoo area look us up.

Bronson

akiy
01-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Hi Steve,

Welcome to AikiWeb. I hope you're able to visit all of the dojo near you to find some place that suits your training.

-- Jun