PDA

View Full Version : I said I was leaving, now I'm posting??

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

DonMagee
12-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Some of you might be wondering, why did I say I was done, then start posting again?

Well, I injured a nerve my shoulder bad. It's going to take 3-4 weeks to heal. So now I'm a keyboard warrior, just doing anything I can to get my 'fix'.

Ron Tisdale
12-18-2007, 01:32 PM
:D

Hotel California! What can I say???

Best,
Ron (sorry about your nerve, but glad it brought you back!)

DonMagee
12-18-2007, 01:42 PM
It's not too bad, not much pain, more of a 'dead arm' type thing. They got me taking a lot of naproxen to try to get any swelling down around the nerve to see if that helps. I hate naproxen, always makes me sick to my stomach.

Ron Tisdale
12-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Heh, I love naproxen, probably too much! :blush: It's the only thing that's kept me training sometimes. First lesson I learned...never take it on an empty stomach! :D

Hang in there, and don't worry, you'll be back on the mats in no time!

B,
R

gdandscompserv
12-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Don,
I feel your pain brother. I developed some tendonitis in one of my elbows and it has a tendency to depress me at times. It has changed my training a little bit, but I think it affects me psychologically more than anything. One suddenly learns how fragile our bodies become as we age. We aint gonna train like gangbusters the whole time. Some say that you don't really learn good technique until you get old anyway. Maybe it has to do with the necessity of doing things smart rather than muscling things. Maybe, or maybe we are actually learning some things. Hell I don't know but don't let it get you down. There's always a way to train. Now would be a good time to work on the legs. Never hurts to train the trunks.:D
Get well soon.:)

Kevin Leavitt
12-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Glad your back. I have left many times over the years. Spent the last four years as a Keyboard warrior as I did not have an aikido dojo to train at, so this was the only way I could stay attached to the community.

Good to see you again!

xuzen
12-18-2007, 09:11 PM
It's not too bad, not much pain, more of a 'dead arm' type thing. They got me taking a lot of naproxen to try to get any swelling down around the nerve to see if that helps. I hate naproxen, always makes me sick to my stomach.

Try the newer generation Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug(s) [NSAIDs] such as Celecoxibs, Etoricoxibs or Meloxicam, where they are less Gastro-irritating.

Depending on your country, some of these may need a prescription.

Or if you have sensitive stomach Acetominophen alone or plus Codeine is a good choice to consider.

Talk to your local pharmacist for more options

Boon.

Amir Krause
12-19-2007, 01:54 AM
Get Well

SeiserL
12-19-2007, 05:11 AM
Heal well.
Welcome back.

jennifer paige smith
12-19-2007, 11:45 AM
ha,ha,ha....
I knew it....!
yay!

Bronson
12-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Ooh, sorry about the nerve. Give it the time it needs. If I remember correctly peripheral nerve tissue regenerates at something like one millimeter per month.

I recently found out I've got bilateral stress fractures in my 4th lumbar vertebrea. Luckily there's no displacement, but it's forcing me to change the way I do things especially some of the ukemi. My doctor's got me on an anti-inflammatroy called Daypro that doesn't seem to give me any side effects and seems to be pretty effective.

Best,

Bronson

Janet Rosen
12-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Good to see you, Don, but I wish it were not for injury reasons. Take it easy, let it heal.