PDA

View Full Version : Aikido Summer School, England?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Mahou
12-02-2007, 07:04 AM
Hi there,

I don't suppose anyone knows of any summer schools in England or Wales?

Thanks very much :)

Alex Megann
12-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi there,

I don't suppose anyone knows of any summer schools in England or Wales?

Thanks very much :)

You don't say what your aikido history is, or what style you are looking for, but the British Aikido Federation holds its Summer School (http://www.chesteraikido.fsnet.co.uk/Summer%20School/SShome.htm) in Chester every year. Next summer Masatake Fujita Shihan (8th Dan) will be our visiting instructor from Hombu Dojo, asn our resident Minoru Kanetsuka Sensei (7th Dan) will also be teaching.

I don't think the details on the web site can be correct, by the way, as it seems to imply a fortnight's course...

Alex

philipsmith
12-03-2007, 02:49 AM
We also hold a Summer School every year in Shropshire. Details on www.ukaonline.org.uk

kohaku
12-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Hi, There is a summer school held in Nottingham over the last weekend in July. This will be hosted by Shudokan Aikido and Guest instructors Rober Mustard and possibly Joe Thambu of the style Yoshinkan. If you are interested let me know and i will give you the details, you will have to book well in advance and it will be highly sort after and places will be limited.

Osu.
Drew Mercer

Alex Megann
12-11-2007, 04:37 AM
You don't say what your aikido history is, or what style you are looking for, but the British Aikido Federation holds its Summer School (http://www.chesteraikido.fsnet.co.uk/Summer%20School/SShome.htm) in Chester every year. Next summer Masatake Fujita Shihan (8th Dan) will be our visiting instructor from Hombu Dojo, asn our resident Minoru Kanetsuka Sensei (7th Dan) will also be teaching.

I don't think the details on the web site can be correct, by the way, as it seems to imply a fortnight's course...

Alex

I can now confirm that the BAF Summer School is in the week of 26 July - 2 August. I have also just been informed that we will have an additional Guest Instructor from the Aikikai Hombu Dojo: Yukimitsu Kobayashi Sensei (6th Dan).

This should be a very special week: it is the 40th Anniversary of the foundation of the BAF (originally named the Aikikai of Great Britain) in 1968. Fujita Sensei was Kanetsuka Sensei's sempai at university, and is also the Technical Advisor for the BAF. Fujita Sensei and Kobayashi Sensei areboth regulars at the Chester Summer School, and are both terrific teachers.

Alex