PDA

View Full Version : Ikeda at Shindai in Orlando FL (a review)

Please visit our sponsor:

SeiserL
11-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Shihan Ikeda visited the Shindai Dojo in Orlando Florida this past weekend (11/16-18/2007).

Shihan Ikeda walked us step-by-step through the process and application of attempting to make Aikido truly an internal art from "internal tippy toe" to "internal happy dog". His instruction, insight, and inspiration has made his seminars always worth the drive and time. I have never been disappointed. As he always says, his Aikido works just fine.

The Shindai organization provided a great facility and friendly hospitality.

I want to thank everyone in attendance for a good time and I look forward to the next (and oh yes, there will be a next time).

James Davis
11-20-2007, 04:16 PM
The Shindai organization provided a great facility and friendly hospitality.

I want to thank everyone in attendance for a good time and I look forward to the next (and oh yes, there will be a next time).

I enjoyed my time at the aikiweb seminar that was hosted by Shindai dojo. I wish I could have been there for this one too. Life happens, I guess. I hope I'm there for that next time.:)

Suru
11-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Everyone I've spoken with who's seen him says Ikeda Shihan is incredible...EVERYONE. I really need to make it to one of his seminars. His videos on this site are terrific. His precise timing is what stands out the most to me.

Drew

SeiserL
11-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Everyone I've spoken with who's seen him says Ikeda Shihan is incredible...EVERYONE.
You have no idea if you haven't been there. The first time I saw him I didn't believe it. Then he dropped me without be even knowing it. Besides his martial talent, he is a genuinely gentleman who really wants to to get it too. Yes, plan for it.

ddease2
11-19-2008, 08:23 PM
I will echo Lynn's comments. Ikeda sensei is a genuine aikido teacher and terrific person. The future of the ASU looks to be in great hands.

For those who attended, can someone explain to me Ikeda sensei's comments on why we were asked not to clap at the beginning and ending of the classes? I thought he was saying something about them being Shinto in nature, but I'm not sure for his reasoning specifically this weekend.

Anyone have any clarifications or comments? Is this something he's doing at other seminars?

Thanks, all.

Dan Dease
Central Florida Aikikai
Maitland, FL
www.cfaikido.com

maynard
11-20-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't know exactly the significance of not clapping, but the seminar was dedicated to Robby Bishop, who passed away last month. Robby trained in Boulder for a while, and Ikeda Sensei knew him pretty well, so that was part of Ikeda Sensei's acknowledgement/dedication (for lack of a better word) to Robby's memory.

By the way Lynn, it was good training with you when Ikeda Sensei had us get out the Jo's. See you next time.