PDA

View Full Version : Heylo from new Scottish Aikidoka

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Grant McD
10-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi everyone,

figure that first of all I should say "thankee" - it was pure chance I heard about Aikido approx. 3/4 years ago, and wasn't sure how to go about joining, but about a year ago I started reading the forums (not understanding a few things without many a google lol), paying close attention to the suggestions and help in joining and finally joined a club in Glasgow in April '07 and have loved every second of it! So thankee v. much!!

Anyhow, I'm Grant, I'm from Glasgow and I'm in my second year of uni (doing Computing) and only just started but hope to continue training in Aikido for a LONG time lol.

Thanks again,

Grant :D

p.s. not sure about my tag line... will probs change it - suggestions welcome lol

akiy
10-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Hi Grant,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Will Prusner
10-31-2007, 08:23 AM
I should probably get kicked for this (or Irimi-Nage'd or something), but...

Aikido with a kilt instead of a hakama could be potentially hilarious!

Welcome aboard, Happy Halloween.

W.

Beard of Chuck Norris
10-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Hi Grant, if you ever find yourself in Aberdeen be sure to look us up!

Give you a sample of some Yuishinkai aikido :)

Welcome to aikido and aikiweb.

peace and love

Jo

Grant McD
10-31-2007, 06:55 PM
I should probably get kicked for this (or Irimi-Nage'd or something), but...

Aikido with a kilt instead of a hakama could be potentially hilarious!

Welcome aboard, Happy Halloween.

W.

lol thanks, I think I should def try it out (quite liked my blackwatch tartan kilt of yesteryears) though got a way to go before hakama I'm afraid :sorry: but I'll keep the idea in me head lol

thanks, and you too (though slightly too late for me to say it here... lol)

Grant McD
10-31-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi Grant, if you ever find yourself in Aberdeen be sure to look us up!

Give you a sample of some Yuishinkai aikido :)

Welcome to aikido and aikiweb.

peace and love

Jo

Thanks Jo, if I'm ever up will definetley make a point of stopping by!

thanks,

Grant

Gerry Magee
11-01-2007, 06:37 AM
Hi Grant,
Glad to hear you are enjoying training, it just keeps on getting better:D Any way feel free to come to the Makotokai Dojo in Glasgow anytime. www.makotokai.co.uk for training times.

Best of luck in your future training.

P.S.
Remember ibruprofen is a gift from god!!

Pauliina Lievonen
11-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Hi Grant,

I've met some of your dojomates when I've visited Liverpool for seminars. Say hi from me! Glad you like the training. :)

Gerry, ibuprofen will slow down the recovery from training, it's NOT a good idea to treat sore muscles with ibuprofen regularly. Move around a little, have a hot bath, or apply alternating heat and cold if a muscle is really sore are all better alternatives. Take care to warm up and warm down properly, and don't overdo things.

kvaak
Pauliina

Grant McD
11-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi Grant,
Glad to hear you are enjoying training, it just keeps on getting better:D Any way feel free to come to the Makotokai Dojo in Glasgow anytime. www.makotokai.co.uk for training times.

Best of luck in your future training.

P.S.

lol, thanks Gerry,

I might take you up on that, (though won't be free for the next couple of weeks cause of uni stuff coming up :( ) by the same token feel free to come along to any of our classes - details on the website (http://www.yudan-nashikan.aikido.co.uk)

thanks, you too and will bear it in mind lol :D

Grant

Grant McD
11-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi Grant,

I've met some of your dojomates when I've visited Liverpool for seminars. Say hi from me! Glad you like the training. :)

Gerry, ibuprofen will slow down the recovery from training, it's NOT a good idea to treat sore muscles with ibuprofen regularly. Move around a little, have a hot bath, or apply alternating heat and cold if a muscle is really sore are all better alternatives. Take care to warm up and warm down properly, and don't overdo things.

kvaak
Pauliina

Hi Pauliina,

lol, will do, and thankee!

Grant :D

Beard of Chuck Norris
11-05-2007, 05:53 AM
Hi Grant,
P.S.

Ha I'm with you on that one! Ibuprofen & paracetamol combo is bloody lovely, worked wonders when i knackered my back.

and
Tiger balm for muscle aches

and
Whiskey for any other internal aches ;) :p

hehe

Jo

Jamie_Macc
11-06-2007, 11:11 AM
hey hey, not really local but if your ever in manchester come and see us at the uni.

Enjoy trainin'

Jamie

Grant McD
11-11-2007, 06:37 AM
hey hey, not really local but if your ever in manchester come and see us at the uni.

Enjoy trainin'

Jamie

lol, thanks Jamie, and ditto lol

(though I once told someone I lived in Glasgow and they asked where abouts in Manchester it was! lol. Maybe it's not as far away as we think... :D)

Grant