View Full Version : Living your Aikido?

Please visit our sponsor:

Nick
07-20-2000, 07:36 PM
So, how do you guys try to do this?

-Nick

giriasis
07-20-2000, 08:55 PM
Try driving. Blend with the traffic and go with the flow. Extend ki and be aware of what is around you. Relax and remain calm. Weight underside not just as sitting but that big automobile, too.;)

I find that practicing aikido while driving helps me deal with my own road rage. I usually only yell once at somebody instead of incessantly yelling at somebody. :)

And somedays the extend ki (positivie attitude) seems to push the negative stuff away. I feel like I am moving in a positive bubble pushing all the nuts away from me. And with the traffic like it can get down here in South Florida, well, you can only imagine how bad it gets.

anne marie

akiy
07-20-2000, 10:00 PM
I just try to live. I think that if I "force" aikido onto my life, it's somewhat like forcing a technique on a training partner.

I figure if aikido affects me enough that it affects my "life," it'll do so without my having to make it happen...

-- Jun

adriangan
07-20-2000, 10:17 PM
Nick wrote:
So, how do you guys try to do this?

-Nick

Hello Nick,

I used to be a "hothead", very tempermental and paranoid and I've been practicing Aikido for about 2 years now. I don't know how, but now I have a lot more patience, am more understanding and more respectful about everything around me. It sounds corny like the line's been taken from a movie script or something, but it's true.

In my case, I never expected or even tried to change...I just did.

- Adrian

[Edited by adriangan on July 20, 2000 at 11:53pm]