PDA

View Full Version : we want to learn aikido

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

crlsbuendia
10-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Hi, am carlos from the manila, philippines. I purposely search for an aikido club/group, and its good that I have found yours. :) My daughter and I want to learn aikido but we do not know where to get a good instructor, hope you can help

asiawide
10-03-2007, 08:46 PM
I ever been to two different dojos in Manila. One(Heart Center Aikido) is in Quezon and the other one(Makati Aikido Club) is in Makati. Instructors of the dojos are well known to aikido people in the philippines and very much credible afaik. Rey from Kiryukan was also very good. He was young and very tough.

By the way, IMHO, avoid dojos where teachers are wearing colored uniforms. Top should be white and pants(Hakama) should be navy blue or black. And the less and the smaller patches on top, the better.

villrg0a
10-04-2007, 06:24 AM
where is your location?

Larry Cuvin
10-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Carlos,
Welcome to Aikiweb! We have a number of pinoy members here that could suggest different dojos in Manila/Quezon City area. One thing you need to ask yourself is what do intend to get out of your aikido training. If you can, try out different dojos with your daughter before you decide which one fits both your needs. Good luck.

crlsbuendia
10-05-2007, 04:11 AM
Thanks Romuel for responding to my query. My daughter is a student of LaSalle, Taft. She has classes from morning till early afternoon (until 3 p.m. Mondays till Fridays) while during Sat., she has classes until 12 noon. Her free time is late afternoon. Hope there is a good aikido class that can fit her sched. While me, my office is in Manila and I am a lawyer by the way, my free time is Saturday, afternoon

crlsbuendia
10-05-2007, 04:15 AM
thank you Jaemin Yu

crlsbuendia
10-05-2007, 04:22 AM
Thanks Larry Cuvin. Its good that you have pinoy members. Hope my countrymen can help me find good dojos (instructors?) for me and my daughter. If ever, kindly indicate their contact numbers so I can call them right away.

Martin Ruedas
10-05-2007, 08:03 AM
You should try visiting our org website, http://www.makilingaikido.org. See our dojo locations nearest to you find a schedule fit for you and your daughter.