View Full Version : Claire Keller at Potomac Aikikai images

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

10-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Claire Keller Sensei recently taught at our fall training. It was a pleasure to have her come and share her insights and training experience with us. In my opinion she's one of those 'hidden gems' in aikido.
Tim Gion did an outstanding job as usual capturing Keller Sensei's poise and power.

Ron Tisdale
10-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Hey Asim! Looks like good training!

10-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks...it was. Lot of sweat, little talk!
Claire started with Paul Sylvain and Kanai Sensei and of course she's long time student of Yamada and Sugano Sensei...and it's definitely all there.

Ron, are you coming to the Endo Shihan seminar in DC?

Nick P.
10-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Those are great pictures.

Please tell me the person taking them was not also participating at the seminar, because if they did, I am doubly jealous of their ability to take great shots AND attend.

PS - Where does Keller sensei normally teach?

10-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Hi Nick.
Tim did not participate in this seminar due to injury but he frequently does participate AND take images during events.
Taking that link up a notch you find his aikido gallery and more of his great work:

Claire teaches the Monday noon class at NY Aikikai.

Ron Tisdale
10-03-2007, 07:10 AM
Hi Asim,

No, won't be able to make it, between work, family and other aikido commitments, I'm pretty much booked (and poor) until the end of the year. It's a shame really...but if I add anything else, I think I'm gonna drop!

Say, If anyone is interested and free that weekend, they should check out the Chida Seminar posted here: http://www.doshinkan-aikido.org/

10-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Nice pics!

10-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Hey Ron.
I know how that is...my pockets have gotten thinner as the year has moved on.
Sounds like a lot of good aikido in the region that weekend with Endo, Chida, and Witt Sensei.
Hopefully we'll meet sometime soon down the road.

Take care,