PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville, Florida

Please visit our sponsor:

PeterR
09-03-2007, 11:17 AM
I met a young man in Shanghai that was interested in training in Aikido. Told him to e-mail me when he got back and I would help him find a place. And so he did.

Does anyone of recommendations for dojo in Gainesville, Florida.

Don_Modesto
09-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Does anyone of recommendations for dojo in Gainesville, Florida.There's a club at UF. If you have a chance to train with Ward Wilson, don't pass it up. He's top-notch, if unknown. One of Saotome's first students upon arrival here in the States. Highly recommended.

Larry Feldman
09-03-2007, 01:00 PM
The club used to be free - or VERY reasonably priced.

The Dojo finder turns up several dojos with relatively high ranked instructors, especially for a college town.

Chuck Clark
09-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi Peter,

There's a Jiyushinkai dojo in Gainesville. Ken Nin Dojo.
Contact Steve Bonett at stevenbonett@bellsouth.net

Definitely good folks to train with.

jennifer paige smith
09-03-2007, 01:38 PM
There's a club at UF. If you have a chance to train with Ward Wilson, don't pass it up. He's top-notch, if unknown. One of Saotome's first students upon arrival here in the States. Highly recommended.

Great information. My dad lives relatively near (no pun intended, ouch.). I love hidden treasures; sounds like a gem.

crbateman
09-03-2007, 07:39 PM
I, too, have heard good things about the UF Aikido Club. And definitely check out the Jiyushinkai school as well. Clark Sensei's recommendation would be good enough for me. I believe there is also a school teaching Nishio and Iwama styles located near the campus. They would also be worth a look, methinks.