PDA

View Full Version : Aloha

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

mathewjgano
08-31-2007, 09:18 PM
So considering the doka from today which essentially expresses the idea that aikido cannot be described in words: what do you find personally useful from forums such as this?
For me, the ability to debate and articulate a thought seems to be the most useful. I have a head full of half-assed and vague notions and it's through dialogue that I usually find something closer to clarity...though I'd say I learn more about what i don't know than what I do know.
Cheers!
Matt

mathewjgano
09-01-2007, 09:41 AM
LOL! Well, that seems the appropriate response I guess...

Ryan Sanford
09-01-2007, 12:01 PM
So considering the doka from today which essentially expresses the idea that aikido cannot be described in words: what do you find personally useful from forums such as this?
For me, the ability to debate and articulate a thought seems to be the most useful. I have a head full of half-assed and vague notions and it's through dialogue that I usually find something closer to clarity...though I'd say I learn more about what i don't know than what I do know.
Cheers!
Matt

I'm usually not trying to get many deep thoughts when I'm on the forums, I just enjoy speaking with like-minded people or just people who have a similar hobby to me (like Aikido, for example).

If I want deep thought, I read one of the articles or columns written here. :)