PDA

View Full Version : Ki Attacks

Please visit our sponsor:

Greeny_2860
12-01-2001, 10:24 AM
I am really into Japanese Anime. One of my favorite series is Dragonball Z. On a different forum, a thread was started on is what done in DBZ with Ki attacks possible. If you don't know what I am talking about. Humans being able to to use there Ki into every powerful Energy blasts. Anyway. I told them No that the stuff done in the series can't be done, but yes there is such a thing as Ki. Well one moron posted on the forum a link to a guide how to control you Ki. It looks like it could work. As I scrolled down, the person who posted the webpage added how to create an Ki Ball and a KI Blast, Ki Shield, a Ki Flame,. Here is what he said how you do it:

.:Multiple Ki Balls:.
After you have mastered the technique of making Ki balls, try making two Ki balls. Put each hand to each side, i.e. left hand to left side, right hand to right side. Your hands should be at your waist, palms facing upward. Send your Ki to each hand and into the spot two inches above each hand. That's all. This could take a will to get right. Keep practicing. This is all about time and patience.

.:Ki Blast:.
A Ki blast can be deadly if done correctly so use this technique wisely. First you need to make a Ki ball. Then, close your eyes and visualize a beam of light going from your hand and straight through your opponent. Build up a lot of Ki in the Ki ball and in your wrists. Tighten all your muscles in your body. Then, will the blast to hurt your opponent. Burst all the energy out towards him/her as your jerk your hands forward towards your opponent. This technique is one of the hardest to get. Don't be surprised if you can't get this the first 10 times your try. I warn you, this can really hurt someone.

.:Ki Shield:.
This is almost as hard as the Ki blast. First focus on the spot of your body you want the shield. Then, send a lot of Ki to that spot. Do the turn Ki to Jing technique given earlier in this manual. Now, burst the Ki out of the spot and into a plate. Concentrate on it becoming a plate over that spot. This is very hard to do. Keep trying if you can't get it.

.:Ki Flame:.
This is also known as a Ki powerup. To do this, focus on the Ki in your tan Tien. Release this Ki throughout your body. Speed up the speed. Concentrate on it as if it were fire. Think of it as fire. Now, burst it out of your body everywhere. Visualize it as fire. This will power you up. It isn't that hard, but it will require some skill.

.:Fa Jing:.
This is one of the most well hidden secrets of Martial Artists. This is the technique that will kill people. I decided not to put it here because people who are new to Ki would try it and end up hurting themselves. I will teach it to those who can show me that they are well skilled. You need to contact me if you want to learn this tech. My contact info is listed at the bottom of this manual.

Now I don't believe this, but How do I prove you can't do some of this. Or can you?

Tim

Jim ashby
12-01-2001, 11:19 AM
Exactly.
Have fun

Thalib
12-01-2001, 12:24 PM
huhuhuh... :p hehehehh...:) hihihihih...:) hahahahHAHA... :D HAHAHAHAHAHHA... UWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

sorry... can't stop laughing... that's very rude of me.

Sorry Greene-san.

I too am a fan of Japanese animation. But what this guy wrote, I won't even put it as scenario in a story of Japanese animation.

Ki is not something like that, not something supernatural. Ki, a shallow way to put it, from my point of view, is everything that is natural to the universe. There is Ki in every being, every single piece of object. Gravity is Ki, the air we breathe is Ki (kuki that is), water is Ki, and so on. On the contrary Ki is very natural - the very essence of nature.

Follow your heart, you will know the truth.

heheheh :D - sorry... still can't stop laughing.

shihonage
12-01-2001, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Greeny_2860

.:Ki Blast:.

These descriptions don't differ a whole lot from what you're being told to visualize when holding unbendable arm, or when doing ikkyo-undo.

Rechanneling energy to different parts of the body for speed and protection sounds perfectly viable to me.

PeterR
12-01-2001, 06:37 PM
Wasn't there some young kid a while back that came up with his own martial art and was posting on this forum.

Definately weird.

Thalib
12-01-2001, 07:53 PM
I wasn't being objective on my last post. I was not being fair. Apologies Greene-san.

I do believe that at one point that that type of feats are possible. But I tell you this much, if one can't even keep one's balance, don't even hope that one can do any technique properly, let alone any of those feats that you have mentioned.

I mean, I live in Indonesia, a place that people believes in mystical and supernatural feats. And yes, there are some serious unbelievable things going on down here that most of you westereners would just roll your eyes and simply would not believe (for reference read the postings in:
AikiWeb: General > Morehei Air Walking).
But I have yet to see hadouken-s and kamehameha-s in this part of the world, just to tell you how rare this is.

Greene-san, I think it's best if you explore what the term "Ki" is first before you dive into Ki techniques. Some will think of Ki/Qi/Chi as something supernatural, mystical, or even magical. But that's what they believe, and even though I might not agree with it entirely, I have to respect that.

So far, in addition to Aikido, I have joined Ki no Kenkyukai (Ki Society) classes also. This helps enlighten me of what "Ki" is. Like in my previous posting, Ki is just the very essence of nature/universe, very much natural. If you study the principles of Tai-Chi, you will find the same principles in Aikido: Nature is the strongest force there is to the human as a physical being.

I said physical not spiritual. If I said spiritual, then strength is infinite, and I would get all esoteric and religious, which I don't want to be in this forum. I wan't people to keep an open mind and objective.

I would like to meet the person that wrote that (The Ki Attacks) to you (by e-mail or otherwise). I want to know what that person concept of Ki really is - it will add to my explorations of Ki and perhaps get more enlightenment. That is if he was being truthful of what he wrote, meaning that he have learned the understandings of Ki and at least have applied it in daily life (doesn't have to be in martial arts), and not just by hearsay or wild imaginations.

KOKORO KARA P.E.A.C.E.
(Peace from the heart)

Greeny_2860
12-01-2001, 08:37 PM
Thalibhttp://www.geocities.com/thekidojo/
That is the webpage. You can read it if you want.

Tim

P.s. There are somethings I believe that some might not believe. Like I think it is possible to fly with your Ki, but you have to have massive Ki and have the right training. In other words, It would takes a person years even dacades to learn how to do.

Andy
12-01-2001, 09:02 PM
If this Skull Kid boy (how old is he? 9?) can actually do such fantastic feats, why not contact James Randi (see other thread) and collect a cool million dollars?

http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

Sigh. So many people with too much time on their hands. Get back to the dojo and train.

ranZ
12-02-2001, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Thalib
huhuhuh... :p hehehehh...:) hihihihih...:) hahahahHAHA... :D HAHAHAHAHAHHA... UWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

I have to second that!! *chuckles* :p

the kamae might be right, the theory might be right... But heeey, they're NOT SUPER SAIYAN PEOPLE!! huahaHAHAHA..

even the humans in DBZ can't do Kamehameha!

well u wanna learn something similar, learn chinese neijia MA, of course that'll take decades to master and not to mention no sexual intercourse during high level practices.

Thalib
12-02-2001, 06:38 AM
No sexual intercourse? Not a martial art for me. Martial arts should be helpful, not be a burden.

Anyway, Greene-san, the kid is just another "trekkie" - but in a martial arts fantasy world. He just compiled written documents, gathered them, and draw his own conclusions (delusions?). I doubt this kid had any true martial arts experience. Even if he had any, it is incredibly shallow. Maybe his martial arts knowledge is compiled from kung fu movies, Japanese animations, and Mangas.

Stop thinking about this Greene-san, and like Russo-san said, "Get back to the dojo and train."

[Censored]
12-04-2001, 07:15 PM
No sexual intercourse? Not a martial art for me. Martial arts should be helpful, not be a burden.

The Chinese internal classics do not advise against intercourse, they advise against excessive ejaculation. "Excessive" is defined by such factors as the practitioner's age and health, and the internal and external stresses of the training method.

tedehara
12-18-2001, 12:24 PM
You might want to link to rei's article Dragonball Z and Ki (http://unofficial.ki-society.org/kiexpl.html) to let people know that there is really such a thing as Ki and that it is much more interesting than a manga fantasy.

[Censored]
12-18-2001, 01:05 PM
I believe that "ki" means a specific frame of mind that is relaxed, calm, centered, aware, compassionate, and benevolent...Is there psychic power involved? Not in the sense of the blasting away that's in anime, but in the sense of the real power of true calmness and peacefulness in the face of confusion.

Any differing opinions?

mj
12-18-2001, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by PeterR
Wasn't there some young kid a while back that came up with his own martial art and was posting on this forum.

Definately weird.

And didn't some kind soul advise him to go up into the mountains of Japan and look for a 'StreetFighter' character to learn the special moves? :D

PeterR
12-18-2001, 06:15 PM
Went and found the thread just in case it was me who gave that advice - great advice by the way (was it you).

Came across

Western vs Easter Philosophy

In the East a 16 year old listens to a 60 year old talk about life.

In the West a 16 year old tells a 60 year old what life is all about.

O'Usagi
8th Dan

Who was that great master.