PDA

View Full Version : Only smart people can read this....

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Mike Hamer
08-22-2007, 05:11 PM
cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

cool huh?

dps
08-22-2007, 08:57 PM
So as lnog as i hvae the fsrit and lsat lteter in the poeprr oeedr I dnot hvae to use slpel ckceehr. Cool ( I sitwechd the two o's).

David

Ryan Sanford
08-23-2007, 01:56 PM
So as lnog as i hvae the fsrit and lsat lteter in the poeprr oeedr I dnot hvae to use slpel ckceehr. Cool ( I sitwechd the two o's).

David

Yaeh, I tnhik I unerdnstad as wlel! Tihs is fun. :D

wildaikido
08-27-2007, 10:49 AM
COOL!

I wonder if there is some relation to dyslexia in this?

Regards,

RomaZu
08-27-2007, 11:29 AM
I think dislexia may look like this sometimes. Guess there are different types of this disorder.

Mark Freeman
08-27-2007, 11:47 AM
The brain can only make sense of the above because it has learned the 'correct' way that the words are spelt in the first place. Impressive though, I was surprised how easy it was to read once you udrentasnd the rleus.:D

I hope people don't start seeing this as a chance to promote the idea that spelling doesn't matter.:(

regards,

Mark

SeiserL
08-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Huh?

Don_Modesto
08-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Huh?LOL!

Angela Dunn
09-11-2007, 09:17 AM
I think dislexia may look like this sometimes. Guess there are different types of this disorder.

Dyslexia does look like this sometimes, I am dyslexic and thats how I used to write!

That was pretty cool though, I understood it.

John Bernhard
10-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Omg....I'm either a dumb you know what or am smart like the rest of you who can read it. Geeze, whats worse I didn't even realize some of the sentences were written wrong !!! DOH !

ElizabethCastor
10-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Some notes...
1) This is how schools began adopting the "whole-word" concept of learning to spell and read. This idea was used more and more pushing out the phonics (letter-sounds) teaching. Many businisses complain that people these days "don't know how to spell... don't these young people know the rules!?" Most of the time this issue crops up because they had 85% whole-word learning and 15% phonics. The trend is slidding to a more 50-50 balance now.

2)As pointed out above although our minds scan the whole word and read it no matter the (internal) order -- the oigiranl selpinlg msut be corkercit (correckit) or it wno't wrok.

3) Dyslexia can look like this scrambled jumble sometimes but it can also manifest as letters horizontally-flipped (like in a mirror) or even vertically-flipped (like in the reflection of a lake). Or all of the above flips and scrambles together but in no repeatable/expectable order.

:hypno: Cool huh?!:hypno: